Acceptance

a/n: things are ramping up, GET THE POPCORN LADS...

I was led back into headquarters by my squad mates, who were visibly concerned by my actions towards the paparazzi. 

"You know they're just paparazzi right? They only want reactions out of you." 

Wraith was trying to talk sense into me, but all I could really do was question how and why there was a hint of red in my eyes as I was clearly about to crush that guy's neck. 

That's when Wattson spoke up. 

"Dr. Caustic would like to speak with you as soon as possible, mon ami. He says it's urgent. I also have something to ask you later," she says with a subtle wink. 

And for some odd reason, shadow jr really liked it. 

SO MY DAMN SYMBIOTE CAN'T MAKE CONTACT BUT MY HORMONES CAN?

Hilarious. 

I thanked her and assured her that I would speak with her later. 

I headed towards Nox's living quarters where yet again i felt a pair of eyes on me. 

"You can come out now", I said in an annoyed tone. 

"Okay geez I didn't think I'd be that easy to spot", said mirage. 

He came in for a fist bump and congratulated me on the win again. 

"So where to for dinner? Outback? Burger King?.....Wattso-", *I shove him*

this mf dramatically flopped to the floor like a ragdoll. 

im never beating the allegations

"Bro she stared at me that one time and you already think tha-"

"Nooooo I'm just teasing you relax", he said in a cheerful tone.

He walked with me as I told him where I was headed, and agreed to meet up again later to celebrate my win. 

We split up as I finally reach my destination

"Ah yes, if it isn't Mr. Shadow. I take it you've gotten my message from Ms. Paquette." 

Nox's voice boomed as he was finishing a diagnostic on his gas traps. 

"As sharp as always, and yes I have. So what's up, need something?" 

"I've actually summoned you hear to give you news on something very interesting", he said with an intrigued tone. 

"I'm listening"

Nox takes a deep breath, which can only mean this is going to be a lot to process. 

"So it appears that when the symbiote sacrificed it's own power to save you, it retreated into a vegetative state and lays unresponsive. This, of course, was already known. What we didn't know, however, was that we've detected new power in your system." 

"That doesn't make any sense, isn't my power weakened because the symbiote is weakened?That's my main power source", I said as I face palmed.

None of this made sense at all. 

He continued, "That's the marvelous part. Normally in a symbiotic relationship, if the symbiote is weakened, the host is weakened, and if the host is weakened, the symbiote isn't as weakened but the signs are still shown. You've seemed to defy that rule, as your power seems stronger than before, and as I've said, there is new power to come along with it."

"So you're saying that the symbiote basically withheld me from my true power?"

"In a sense yes, but it seems that as your bond with the Darkhon symbiote became stronger, more power and strength was granted and made available to your body. As to how I understand it, it gave you it's true power to save you from dying. This means that you, Shadow, have inherited the true power of one of the most strongest demons known to our species."