𝗜. 𝗗𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗣𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗰!

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

Kanani was having the best sleep she has ever gotten because of those ridiculous nightmares she's had, but of course nothing good lasts for long. Her breathing became heavy and tears came out of her closed brown eyes. "Kani." Someone tried shaking her awake, "Kanani, wake up please." They person's voice sounded worried. The mystery person understood she would wake up in her own time she just needed to be calm, this happened pretty often. "It's ok darling. I'm here don't worry." Then she woke up with a loud gasp.

"Shit!" She panted looking around for the person's hand for comfort, "How- how long was I..?" She asked, referring to the nightmare. The person just hugged her and kissed the top of her head lovingly pushing the hairs stuck to her face away.

Clarisse wrapped her arms around the girl and brought her back down to lay, "I don't know let's just go back to sleep, yeah?" She mumbled into her ear to not wake the others. Because of Kanani's nightmares, Clarisse decided to take her to her cabin this night so she wouldn't be alone. This night she had actually slept for six hours without nightmares, well before this one.

"No, I uh- I saw something and it's actually really creepy, dude. You know, sometimes my nightmares become true and I don't think I want this one-" the door suddenly opened revealing a stressed put Grover.

"Kanani?" He asked looking around when he heard the sound of sheets shuffling, "Come on let's go you're gonna get to see Sally Jackson." This excited her too much, what would she say when she sees her. How would she even react. Anyway, she stood up, but was quickly brought down by a cold arm around her bicep. She hissed when she felt Clarisse's fingers on her wound. "What did you do this time?" He asked with a straight face, not a single amount of worry in his face. This is all just too casual to them.

Kanani just shrugged it and went over to her shoes put them on and went over to say goodbye to Clarisse. If you asked me, and anybody in camp, they'd all say that Clarisse and Kanani have always had a different connection than others. Campers think they have feelings for each other, they deny it, with strange looks on each others faces. "That one's new" she chuckled. Kanani just made a mocking face and turned around leaving, "No good night kiss?" She asked with a pouted face. Kanani rolled her eyes and started making her way over to Clarisse making her smirk.

She crawled over to her side of the bed and just when Clarisse thought she was going for the lips she kissed her nose and whispered good night quickly leaving. Clarisse stood there disappointed, but a little glad. She would never admit to her cabinmates she had a tiny crush on camp Half Blood's princess.

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

"Why was I brought into this exactly?" She questioned looking at the wooden cabin in front of her. Grover didn't answer he just knocked and called out for Sally. If Kanani wasn't nervous she surely was right now. She played with her hands until she heard the door open and accidentally stuck her nails into her skin creating little crescent shaped moons on her hand, like always.

He knocked pretty harshly, "Mrs. Jackson? It's Grover... aand a visitor." Almost forgetting about Kanani. He noticed how red her hands were getting so he took them into his own to calm her. They heard a boy question why Grover was there. Percy. Now, she was even more anxious. "This is a little time sensitive. Could someone maybe open the door?" He asked seeing how Kanani's chest rose up and down. Percy protested, but Sally opened the door anyways.

"I asked to have the night, you said we could all leave in the morning." She said slowly noticing Kanani's presence. "Oh my... Kanani?" The girl nodded her eyes breaming with tears about to spill. "Come here." She brought her in for a hug and Kanani couldn't hold in her tears no more. She was full on sobbing while Sally whispered sweet things into her ear and rubbed her back.

Grover cleared his throat and continued talking, but Kanani wasn't listening to anything except Sally's words. It's ok. I'm here. I missed you so much. I love you, Venus. Then Percy spoke up, "Early? You should've asked me before you- Whatever it is you're gonna say. I don't wanna ... hear it. Grover?" His eyes traveled to Grover's legs. Kanani was still hugging Sally, they had to waddle inside and Percy still hadn't noticed her. Her muffled cries were barely heard and she was trying to ignore Percy so hard. Grover only acknowledged him and continued rambling about what was happening. Did Kanani care? No. She was back with the woman she loved the most. The woman he raised her. The mother she always wanted. Then Percy gasped. He was looking at his mother. "Kanani?" This made it all worse, she started crying again.

She held Sally tight as if she would disappear, she was afraid she might lose her again. "I'm not panicking." said Sally even though Percy was trying to get their attention. He shouted louder this time.

"Great! I'm also definitely not panicking."he said definitely panicking, "I feel very good about how we're doing so far." This time Percy yelled even harder. "What?" He asked panicking a little. Finally, Kanani had let go from Sally's embrace, but still held her hand.

Percy stood looking at Grover's legs, "Grover, why is there half a goat in your pants? And- Kanani? I thought you were-" he didn't even finish his sentence because when he looked up he was met with glares from his mother and the said girl.

Grover gave him a 'shut up' look before circling back to the question, "Oh! Oh, boy, she didn't tell you about..." he turned his attention towards Sally. "You didn't tell him about me?"

"You're early." Was all she said. Grover looked at Percy and said

"So the important thing is not to panic."

DREA SPEAKS!
First chapter up guyss what do you think?
Rn Percy and Kanani haven't rlly talked
but it's gonna happen soon guys dw. These
are short chaps, but longer ones will come soon!
Anywayss, hope you liked it. Stay safe🫶