R3.1 Literal Gorillas and the Mimick

Housen: "Why am I called here when that part played out?!"

Ryuen: "Kuku, because that's a fact."

Me: "Be quiet. I'll show you the alternate universe of this Ayanokouji. Specifically years before the current one."

Shiina seemed excited. I-I'm curious!

The thumping of drums was coming from various directions of the heavily forested area. It had been in the dead of a night. No, there were the sounds of chirping insects everywhere. It hadn't been completely dead.

Ryuen: "Straight to the intense part, eh? I like it."

Ayanokouji: This is...

Shiina: "Do you know anything about it, Ayanokouji-kun?"

Ibuki: "S-Shiina!"

Shiina: "What are you panicking about, Ibuki-san?"

"Huh? W-Well," Ibuki glanced at Ayanokouji before quickly averting her attention. "T-That was because..."

Ayanokouji: "I do know that scene." And so on... It's not a pretty good scene for the public to see either.

Me: Mwehehe, I'll show them the hot stuff I learned all this time!

Shiina: "What are these sounds, if you don't mind sharing them?"

Ishizaki: Maaan, I was beaten to a punch by a girl just to ask that simple question! It's like Shiina couldn't care less about Ayanokouji-san's look.

That held for most. Though since it's only most, there would be some to speak up if Shiina didn't say anything.

Ayanokouji: "Oversized apes. The title already said as much, isn't it?"

Shiina: "Ohh, you're right. I'm a little bit distracted by the appearance of Mimick-kun, so I forgot about that for a moment."

Housen: "The fuck did you say?!"

Ryuen laughed out loud.

I couldn't see them, but I could hear them clearly.

These creatures could run on four legs. In this kind of thickly vegetated terrain, my comrades would have a difficult time outrunning them.

Miyamoto: "Why?"

Ryuen: "Because you're stupid."

Sudou: "Their sense of balance is distinctively different."

Ike: "And they could trip anytime with those clearly uneven terrains."

I had already taken out their group leader on the first day, and that supposedly put them off chasing us, at least Setora said as much. I doubt she'd lie with her life put in harm's way, which I was right about. A unique scenario is at play here.

A quick scene of the said gorilla played out. A group of five humans and two non-humans could be seen being surrounded by four thick-shelled oversized apes.

Kiyotaka (Warrior)