21 - the story of us ౨ৎ⋆˚。⋆

★── 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚𝐡 𝐀𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐢 ──★

𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 raced as I answered the call from my  father. I knew I had to be careful with my words, especially since I was with Jude and we were both running late for training.

"Hi, Dad." I greeted, attempting to keep my voice steady and not sound out of breath after getting ready in a record time of 4 minutes.

"Hannah, where are you? Training started an hour ago." Dad's voice was concerned, i've never been late without warning, I could tell he was disappointed even through the phone.

"I overslept, Dad. I'm on my way right now." I replied, avoiding to mention Jude.

There was a brief pause on the other end of the line, and I could almost sense my father's suspicion. Carlo knew me well, and he was likely piecing together the puzzle of our tardiness.

"Do you know where Jude is? He's late too." He inquired, though I suppose he would already know we're together, it would be too much of a coincidence if not. I had to think quickly to come up with an explanation.

"Dad, actually, Jude's with me. We kind of overslept together." I fessed up, feeling a flush of embarrassment creeping up my neck.

My father's voice was calm but firm as he responded. "I see. Well, we'll talk about this later. Just make sure you both get to training safely and not too late."

I let out a sigh of relief as the call ended, grateful that my father was understanding, at least it seemed like it, albeit with the promise of a conversation about their relationship later. I looked at Jude, silently acknowledging the need for a serious discussion about our budding romance, and we continued our rush to training, figuring out how to make amends for the tardiness.

 I looked at Jude, silently acknowledging the need for a serious discussion about our budding romance, and we continued our rush to training, figuring out how to make amends for the tardiness

We hustled into the stadium, Jude and I sat on the bench watching the players train whilst we waited for my father, my nerves were doing somersaults. I knew what was coming, the dreaded talk.

Jude shot me a sympathetic glance, his eyes saying what we both knew, we were in for it. I couldn't help but grip his hand tighter, seeking comfort in his reassuring presence.

As the players warmed up on the field, I tried to focus on the action, but my mind kept wandering back to the impending conversation. Dad's gaze felt like a spotlight, piercing through the chaos of the training ground.

When Dad finally made his move, it was like the calm before the storm. His expression was stern yet paternal, a combination that always made my stomach churn.

"So, Hannah," Dad began, his tone calculated yet filled with an intensity, "How's everything going?"

"Uh, yeah, everything's good, Dad," I replied, trying to keep my voice steady despite the nerves of something going horribly wrong.

Dad's gaze shifted to Jude, his eyes searching for something, perhaps a glimpse into our shared secret. Jude met his gaze head-on, his expression open yet guarded.

"And Jude," Dad continued, his voice taking on a protective edge, "How's training been going for you?"

Jude flashed a confident grin, his usual charisma masking the tension that simmered beneath the surface. "Training's been great, Coach." He replied, casually.

Dad nodded, his features softening slightly. "That's good to hear." He remarked.

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, the weight of Dad's scrutiny pressing down on me. This conversation was inevitable, but that didn't make it any easier to navigate.

Dad cleared his throat, his gaze lingering on Jude and me. "Hannah, Jude, I've noticed you two getting closer lately, yes I know you're dating but still.." He began, his tone gentle but at the same time probing. "And I want you to know that I support you both."

I exchanged a quick look with Jude, my heart filled with relief as Dad's words sank in. It wasn't any surprise he knew we were dating, the scene Jude made, you couldn't really miss it, but hearing him acknowledge it was an entirely different story.

"I'm glad to hear that, Dad." I replied, my voice smooth despite the butterflies fluttering in my stomach. "We care about each other a lot."

Jude nodded in agreement, his expression earnest. "Yeah, Coach, we really do." He added. "Hannah means the world to me."

Dad smiled, a rare expression spreading across his face. "I know, Jude." He said. "And I trust that you both have each other's best interests at heart."

I felt a surge of gratitude wash over me, knowing that Dad believed in us despite the complexities of our relationship. But his next words brought me back to reality with an impact.

"However," Dad continued, his tone becoming more serious, "I want you to understand that your relationship can have implications both for the team and the media."

Jude and I were fully aware of the scrutiny that came with being public figures in the world of football. But hearing my dad say it himself made the real life even worse.

"We understand." I replied. "We know that our relationship could become a topic of interest for the media."

Jude nodded. "Yeah, Coach, we get it," He backed me up for the thousandth time. "But we won't let it distract us from our commitments to the team."

"I hope you keep your word." Dad said, "Just remember to stay focused on your careers and your responsibilities to the club."

He turned around to leave, feeling like his business was done here, but of course he had to add one last little thing. "Also Jude." He continued turning his body to look back at us. "If you hurt her i'll make your experience here a living hell."

"Dad!" I screamed unsure what that statement made me feel.

"Oh I don't doubt it Sir, but don't worry i'll treat her right, trust me."

The story of Jude and I has just begun, and so far it's going in an incredibly good direction, I have a feeling this isn't going to end any time soon, we're in it for the long haul.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨ ʚɞ ୧⋆ ˚。⋆

A/N - I just wanted to make this little chapter, anyways 2 more to go until I finish this story and I hope you are enjoying so far, thanks to everyone who is voting and commenting it means the world and I love reading everyone's comments 💗