12 - tied together with a smile ౨ৎ⋆˚。⋆

★── 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚𝐡 𝐀𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐢 ──★

𝐎𝐔𝐑 summer break was cut off short as the new season kicked off, we welcomed two new faces to the team: Mbappe and Endrick. I couldn't contain my excitement, especially about meeting Mbappe. I've been waiting for this moment since the rumors about him joining started swirling two years ago!

My dad introduced me to the newbies, I couldn't contain my excitement, especially when it came to meeting Mbappe. His reputation preceded him, and I was eager to see if he lived up to the hype.

"Mbappe, i'm such a fan, it's great to finally meet you." I greeted, trying to maintain a balance between respect and casualness.

Mbappe returned my greeting with a warm smile, his demeanor relaxed yet confident. "Hey, Hannah, pleasure's mine. Heard a lot about you." He replied, his Parisian accent adding charm to his words.

I chuckled nervously, feeling a surge of flattery at his acknowledgment. "Hope it's all good things." I joked, screaming inside.

He chuckled in response. "So far, so good. Madrid's been treating me well." He remarked, his tone carrying a hint of admiration for our city.

"Yeah, it's got its own vibe, right?" I agreed, nodding. "So, what do you think of the team so far?"

Mbappe leaned back, considering his words. "It's been great, honestly. Everyone's been welcoming, and I'm just excited to get on the field." Ecstasy evident in his voice.

"That's awesome to hear! Can't wait to see what you bring to the game." I said, genuinely excited for his contribution to the team.

Mbappe's smile widened, appreciation shining through. "Thanks, Hannah. It means a lot coming from you guys."

As our conversation flowed, I found Mbappe to be not just a talented athlete, but also a down-to-earth person. Despite his status, he exuded warmth and approachability, making me feel at ease, not at all what I expected.

Beyond the fame and skill, Mbappe was just like each one of us, passionate about football and eager to make his mark.

After chatting with Mbappe, I turned my attention to Endrick, to continue getting to know our newest teammates.

"Hey Endrick, how's it going?" I greeted, trying to keep the conversation light and friendly.

"Hey Hannah, I'm doing great. It's been a whirlwind since joining the team, but I'm loving every moment of it." Endrick replied brightly.

"It's definitely an exciting time to be here." I agreed, sensing him wanting to embrace the new challenge.

"So, what do you think of Madrid?" I asked,  interested in hearing his perspective.

Endrick's smile widened as he began to share his experiences. "Madrid is incredible. The energy, the culture, the passion for football...it's unlike anything I've ever experienced." He exclaimed.

"I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it." I replied
appreciating his positive attitude.

I couldn't shake the feeling that Jude was watching us, his eyes filled with an unmistakable hint of jealousy. Despite our newfound friendship, his reaction to my interaction with Endrick spoke volumes.