chapter two

after the issue with one bed, i went to the reception to ask if there is any way we can get another room, but everything is fully booked. well this will be fun.

as i arrive in front of the hotel room door, i search my purse to find the keycard.

i gently press it up against the black scanning area, and the red light on the door handle turns green. i open the door, seeing harry standing with his back to me, with his hand against his ear. i see his black phone in it, so i assume he is having a conversation.. i close the door very silently, so it doesn't make any disturbing noise, but it doesn't seem that harry noticed i arrived at all. he just continues to speak.

   "paul, i can't do that" he says as i take off my shoes.
he shakes his head, barely noticeable from the back where i am standing.

   "yes, i know there are many womaniser rumours about me, but we only just met. i can't do that to her".

i furrow my brows, wondering if he is talking about me. i take off my shoes and place them in the closet.

   "paul, i can't ask her to do that. i can't just involve her in rumours about me for my own benefit." he says, slightly rising his voice, not shouting.

i shouldn't be listening to this.

i try to close the closet, again without making any noise. i shove the white, closet door lightly as silence fills the room. the only sound is quiet mumbles from harry's phone.

   "you can't do that to me" harry says loudly, making me flinch. as i do so, the closet door slips my hand and makes a loud sound as it closes. harry turns around, looking a little confused as he seems me.
i mouth a quick 'sorry' and rise my hands, as i make my way out of the room.

not long after harry ends his conversation with this paul, and comes to the bedroom where i am sitting and watching my phone.

   "uhm madison?" he asks.
   "hmm?" i hum, looking up from my phone.
   "can i uhm. ask you a question?"

i look at him a little confused with furrowed brows. i lightly nod my head softening my expression.
   "sure".

   "may i?" he motions his hand towards the empty spot on the bed next to me, asking for permission to take a seat.
   "of course".

he takes a seat leaving a good distance in between us.

   "have you heard rumours about me being a womaniser, because i've never been in a long lasting relationship?". he seems a little uncomfortable, which is reasonable. i am too.
   "i've heard them, yes" i reply, never really having read much about them.

   "so, when you came in. i was in a phone call with my manager, paul" he begins and i nod my head at his statement. "about two weeks ago, he told me it would be a good thing to get into one that will last a long time, for those rumours to pass a little. but since i haven't really done that, he wanted me to do a fake one as a publicity stunt".

i slightly turn my head, still keeping eye contact.

   "the thing is, he wants that person i have the fake relationship with to be you, as the stunt should begin now, and you are the one i will be seen with a lot these next three weeks, cause of the vacation" i widen my eyes.

   "he what?"
   "i know, i know" he motions his hands to try calming me down a little. "they also want it to happen here, as there is a lot of paparazzi here at this time of the year, since there are many celebrities travelling here."

i give him an u sure look.
   "i'm not going to force you, of course. i just wanted to ask you, because if you say no, i need to book a flight tonight back home".
   "what why?" i ask confused, feeling slight pressure.
   "paul wants the stunt to begin as soon as possible, meaning if i don't have anyone to begin it with here, i need to go back home and find someone there".

i shake my head lightly.
   "you can't go back, you just came here. isn't there any other options?".
   "no, not really. but please don't feel obligated to say yes because of that. just answer honestly, please" he gives an apologetic look, which i hate.

i close my eyes, shaking my head again, this time in disbelief. when i open them, i meet his green eyes again that still have a look of sympathy in them.
   "how long would this 'stunt' last?" i ask.
   "well, these three weeks obviously. and when we come home, we have to see how much longer it would be for depending on the social media".
   "so that means we would still have to pretend when we are back?"
   "most likely, yes" he nods.

i get in deep thought for a second, thinking about what to say. this isn't my ideal way of spending this vacation, but i want to help harry. i obviously don't believe those rumours, because i know media will do anything for attention. i know you should get to know the person by them and not the media, and not believe rumours. but not everyone knows that. he doesn't deserve to be called a womaniser.

   "by the way, we wouldn't be allowed to tell alex and myla that it is fake, but i know exactly how to make them believe it".
   "how?"
   "i'll just tell them we have been dating secretly for a month or so, and that we wanted to tell them on this trip".
i look at him slightly unconvinced, but i nod.
   "fine, i'll do it" i say, and he smiles.

soon i see him leaning in, and i feel his chin on my shoulder. he wraps his inked arms around me, inviting me in a tight hug. i lightly hug him back, feeling a little uncomfortable.
   "thank you", he rasps a whisper in my left ear, and i give his back a quick pat.
   "no worries".

---
sorry that it sounds so rushed, i just want to get the story started !!

enjoy!