"Yeah ah...thanks mom. I'll see you later." She got in her car and drove away as quickly as she drove here.

"So your mom is nice," said Blaine in a careful tone. "But we were talking about me and my problem, so..."

"Okay, why should I care?" I started to walk back to college.

"Because I'm pretty sure it's your fault that I'm here! So please just listen to me, I need your help," He walked beside me, trying to put on a friendly smile. "Why aren't you going to get a taxi?"

"No. I'll walk. I could use the fresh air," he nodded and kept walking.

"What do you think you're doing?" I stopped abruptly and turned to look at him. "I don't know what you want from me!" Blaine seems to think for a moment.

"I don't think you'll believe me if I tell you the truth... but maybe you can try to have an open mind. Then we could really talk." He explained happily.

"Hm...," what could go wrong. Worst case scenario, he's a murderer and he'll kill me. But I'm going to die anyway...so why not? "When was the last time you ate something?"

"Eating? Oh, right! People love food!"

"Yeah... they do so want to grab something to eat?" I was starting to think I needed to talk to this guy like you talk to a child.

"Now that you mention it, I feel like I'm starving!" He sounded excited to be hungry? Such an odd boy...

"Follow me then..."

We walked until we got to a little café. The place was still decorated for Valentine's Day. Everything was pink and red. Hearts everywhere. They should have made the decoration in pastel colors, everything looks way too bright, if you looked at it long enough it would hurt your eyes.

"Here," I handed him the money my mom gave me for the Uber. "Just get whatever you want. I'll sit back there." I pointed at a table in the corner of the café. It was secluded enough.

"What about you?"

"I'm not hungry..." I took a seat at the table and waited for him. Looking around, I realized that there were a lot of couples in this café. Maybe this is like a popular date spot? It did have a romantic feeling about it. Like this is where you'd take your girlfriend to propose or ask her to adopt a cat together.

Blaine came to our table with a bunch of pastries. He put one single chocolate muffin in front of me while he put...all his other food in front of him. "I know you said you didn't want anything, but look how tasty that looks!" He's acting as if he's never eaten before.

"Thanks...," don't know why I thanked him, my moms the one who paid for it. "What did you mean by that?"

"By what exactly? I think I said a lot of stuff..." he was talking with his moth full as he stuffed it with a large chocolate chip cookie.

"You said it was my fault. That you're here. And that you had nowhere to go..." I said carefully.

"I...ah. I just made that connection. Because I was up there," he pointed up again. "Doing my job. Shooting some arrows-"

"Shooting arrows?!" I squeaked. "What the fuck..."

"Not to kill people!" He answered after seeing hos confused and upset I looked.