081

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

6 months later...

The 2024 season was ahead of us.

The pre-season practice sessions had concluded, and the anticipation for the first race was building. While most drivers were focused on that, Oscar and I had another matter to deal with, one that left us equally anxious. We were about to announce our relationship to the public. Today marks six months since we started dating, and we believe it's the right time to share our news. Keeping it a secret has been challenging, especially when we couldn't even hold hands for fear of arousing suspicion. Our friends, however, made it more bearable. Charles would strategically position himself between us to prevent any accidental displays of affection. Mick and Lando spent most of their time with us, ensuring that our private conversations didn't raise eyebrows. Their support was invaluable, and I couldn't have asked for better friends.

During the winter break, many rumors started circulating. We became less concerned about whether people suspected us, so we decided to join other couples on a trip. It was immediately suspicious for us to both be there, as we were the only single ones. However, Carlos and Joris were also there, and they're single too. We didn't comment, but instead posted a few trip photos on Instagram. Comments exploded when people noticed Oscar's hand in my photo dump. Next, we traveled to Australia together. So, it seems people already consider us a couple. And to my surprise, there isn't hate towards us. I was waiting to wake up with thousands of messages wishing me death, but that didn't happen, instead, i got a lot of messages wishing us the best and saying how cute it was for us to be together. My favorite ones were the detective ones, a few people sent me a threat full of proof of us being together. I read it all, and damn they were good.

This amount of attention won us a call from each of our teams. I had a meeting with mine via Zoom, and at the same time, Oscar had a call with his team in the other room. We came clean to them, after our close ones they were the next persons that needed to know the truth. They took it pretty well, surprisingly well, and they assured us we had their full support, which was nice to hear. The only thing we had to do was promise our team we wouldn't exchange any crucial information about our respective teams. Of course, we wouldn't, it was one of the first things we talked about after becoming official. Them knowing too took a lot of weight off our shoulders, but there was still a step needed to be taken.

And that big step was telling the whole world about us. I brought that to Oscar the other day.

flashback...

I was going round and round in my room. At this point, i was going to leave a mark on the floor. I was questioning myself, and the idea i woke up with today. Making our relationship public. It was a lot, and i have never done this before. Well, this is also the first formal relationship i have. I asked my friend for advice, Charles and Alex weren't the best help, they kept a low-key and private relationship, even tho the whole world knew about them even before they began dating. They didn't post anything, but they didn't mind being photographed in public and didn't hide from the people. Mick and Laila went public with a picture, and that was it. Lando and Luisa lived something different, as pictures of them got leaked and they were forced to go public.

I wanted to do something similar to Charles and Alex, a private but not secret kind of relationship. Where i could post pictures of him now and then, but not bombard our social media with each other. Besides, we were both really fond of our privacy, so we would never be the kind of couple that posts everything they do together.

— Hi baby.—i say, walking into the living room where Oscar was chilling.— Can we talk?

He sits up and nods, putting the TV on silent to fully pay attention to me.— Of course, what happened? Is everything okay?