We're a team

Summer's pov.

It was already morning. I lazily opened my eyes and looked at the males. All of them were sleeping. I then slowly stood up, yawned, and stretched.

"AAA!", Sid shouted and immediately sat up. The sound caused others to wake up as well.

"Sid, what's the matter with you?!", questioned Manny.

"I had a terrible dream.", stated Sid.

"What a wonderful way to start a day.", joked Diego.

"Yeah, good morning to you too.", I said.

"Good morning.", all of them answered lazily and stretched.

~Time Skip~

"Let's get you all cleaned up. What's your daddy gonna say if you go back all stinky?", stated Sid while cleaning Roshan. "Let me just clean that up. That looks good. A little bit here."

"You clean up nice, little fella.", said Manny.

"I think he's starting to look like me.", said Sid and turned Roshan towards me. "Hey, Summer, what do you think?"

"Oh god, please no.", I joked.

"Maybe we shouldn't do this.", stated Diego nervously.

"Why not?", asked Sid.

"If we save him, he'll be a hunter. And who do you think he'll hunt?", seriously asked Diego.

"Maybe because we save him, he won't have to hunt us.", stated Sid.

"Yeah, and maybe he'll grow fur and a long skinny neck and call you Mama!.", snapped Diego.

"What's your problem?", questioned Manny.

"Nothing. Let's go. I'm freezing my tail off.", stated Diego. I looked at him curiously.

"Are you-", I started. "Yeah, I'm fine.", Diego harshly interrupted. 'He's not okay' I thought.

As we were walking, we reached hilly rocks. Diego trailed behind and looked deep in thought.

"Hey, Diego. You froze back there?", joked Manny.

Suddenly Diego shouted while running up to us. "Get down!"

"What?", I questioned.

"Get down and follow me.", Diego demanded.

"What's goin' on?", asked Sid with Roshan in his grasp.

"At the bottom of Half Peak, there's...an ambush waiting for you.", confessed Diego.

"What?", questioned Manny.

"What do you mean, "ambush"?", asked Sid.

I couldn't believe it. I mean yeah, he was kinda strange. But this. After all this time he decided to speak right now. "You set us up.", I mumbled while looking down at my paws.

Diego's pov.

"You set us up.", mumbled Summer and looked down.

I saw her ears drop. And now this action makes me even more guilty. 'How could I do that? Especially to Summer' I thought.

"It was my job. I was to get the baby, but then...", I started.

"You brought us home for dinner!", snapped Manny making me flinch a little.

"That's it. You're out of the herd.", stated Sid while looking at Summer sadly.

"I'm sorry.", I said. "No, you're not. Not yet.", stated Manny. Then he pinned me against the rock with his tusks and it was starting harder to breathe. The action caused Summer to look up at me.