36. Dwitiya , Tritiya... all the way to Dasham....

Start from the beginning

" But Jyesth. Does that not present an incorrect example to the world? "

" Kumari. If everyone chose to only look at the negatives in life we would all be killing each other everyday. He needs your forgiveness, to be peaceful. You need to forgive him to sleep better at night. "

" Dhanyavaad Jyeshth. I hope you all are able to achieve your target. You only have few hours. " She said, touching his feet.

" Sadasaubhagyavati bhav Kumari. Now sleep. We all have a long day ahead. "

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Đ₳ɏ 10

The sun of Kururashtr set the day  Mahamahim Bheeshm met his fate.

He lay, as per Devi Amba's curse, on a bed of arrows, laying there as everyone paid their raspects, even Duryodhan and his brothers.

At last, escorted by her brothers and husband did Karunika reach him. She saw his pitiful state and all the anger she held had vanished. All that remained was the love she had for her pitamah. Her love and compassion won over. Her fatal flaw and her greatest strength. Her compassion.

She fell into his feet , crying silently as he suffered.

" Putri. Why are you in my feet. Don't be there, I have not deserved your forgiveness. Don't do this unless you can do it with full heart. It will remind me of my adharm as a human, of my arrogance. " He said, his voice hoarse and full of pain.

She gently got up, tearing a piece of her saree to wipe his forehead, to wipe the sweat and blood, her tears being the only water that was needed.

" Pitamah. I forgive you. You are my pitamah. At the end of the day, I had been enlightened, taught and made realisations. I forgive you pitamah for not speaking when I was insulted in that cursed sabha. " She said, now sitting by his head.

" Putri. The injustice to you has always been my greatest motivator. I may have fought from the side of Hastinapur, but my heart and mind hopes for your victory. Vijayi bhav. All of you. Make me proud. No I wish to rest, as my mata will take me away at the end of the war. Sukhi raho putron. Sadasaubhagyavati bhav putri. Kalyan ho. " He said, closing his eyes, his peace.

As his eyes shut, the sun in the Kurukshetr set, mimicking the setting of the sun of Hastinapur.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

That night, as they were getting ready for bed.

" Mata? May I come in? " Aahana asked, peeping through the camp curtains.

" Avashy putri. What is wrong? " Adam answered as he nursed Karunika back to health. The emotional and physical strain had finally got to her. She had a fever.

" Mata. Pitashree. I must tell you something. "  She said, hesitating.

" Bolo putri. What is it? " Karunika asked, finally getting up, even as Adam tried to get her to lay back down.

" Get down. You are not well. "

"But she needs to talk to us -"

" And you can listen to her while lying down. Now. You wouldn't even let me get up to have water or even talk to Yudhishthir regarding war strategies. Now lie Down. " He said, pushing her back down.

A frown formed on her face, but she agreed.

" Say putri. What is it? "

" Mata, Pitashreee. Bhrata Moksh- Moksh.. "

" What happened to him? " Adam asked as Karunika got up yet again. This time however she was not restricted.

" Mata... Bhrata Moksh ... He has decided... He has decided that he wants to... He wants to.... " She said, trailing off as the idiot in question creeped behind the parents.

However, before he could drop the flowers on their heads, both Karunika and Adam grabbed the tray, sitting up.

Adam grabbed one ear, while Karunika grabbed Aahana's.

" Aaaaah. Pitashree. Leave please" " Aiii. Mata! "

" Do you two have absolutely no other work than doing this? " She said, coughing.

" See. You upset your mata. She was already unwell. You are such unusual children. " Adam said, hiding a laugh at their downturned faces.

" Kshama matashree. We were just trying to have fun. " Moksh said.

" Ji mata. We'll serve you. " Aahana said, as they both jumped on the bed. One massagimg her head and one her feet.

Life would never be the same after the war. So one must enjoy the small moments of happiness one gets... That's how we can be at peace.

________________________________

Ahem. Well.. That was an interesting one wasn't it?

Guru Dron.. Then we'll have the surprise I promised in the previous chapters.

* insert evil manaical laughter here* cause I was probably crazy when I thought of this but it's the best thing and simultaneously the most unusual thing I thought of.

Thank you all for 700 votes.. It means a lot to me that you love this story so much.. Please give my other story, Seven in a World the same love and support.
It has been a wonderful journey and I look forward for more with you all.

Please share this story with your friends who you think would like it. I would love to expand my reader audience.

As always, share your opinions in the comments and votes.

Much love

Radhekrishn ❤