While San took careful steps forward, Wooyoung already rushed to the living room to take his father into his arms. The sight was heartwarming. At this moment, Wooyoung was a child again. The man was a few inches taller than his son and that allowed Wooyoung to nuzzle his cheek against his father's shoulder. The middle-aged man had a bright smile on his face as he let his hand stroke over Wooyoung's gray pullover and San could tell just by the view that the father was a good man.

San awkwardly stood in the doorframe and didn't know what to do. When Nari noticed that, she put her hand on his shoulder and smiled while asking him to come with her for a minute.

She led him to a room that San made out as Wooyoung's. He placed the bags on the floor and didn't even dare to look around longer than five seconds before he closed the door again. Nari then walked to the kitchen and asked San to come inside with a quick hand movement.

Happiness radiated off the woman. She was honestly beautiful to San — Nari had black and long hair, was about a head smaller than Wooyoung, and a dark red dress complimented her body. What made her the prettiest, though, was the smile. He was so captivated by the beauty that he didn't even notice her preparing tea that she eventually poured into a cup and pushed into San's hands.

"Careful, it's very hot!" she warned and looked at him expectantly when he sipped the tea. San looked up with a smile, told her that it tasted good, and also thanked her for making it in the first place.

Nari nodded and looked at him affectionately. San almost felt overwhelmed by the gaze. He wasn't used to a mother looking at him through these eyes. "No need to be shy. I'm genuinely happy that I get to meet you. Wooyoung never brought his past boyfriends home, you know? You must be very special to him, and I can feel that he is happy. I felt it the moment I looked into his eyes. There's something different about him. You must take good care of him, and every person who treats my son well is loved by me. Especially when that person has eyes as gorgeous as yours."

Nari's words were so much to take in at once, and when he heard the compliment, he could feel his cheeks heat up to the warmth equal to the tea in the cup he was holding.

"And your dimples, wow, I'm jealous!" she laughed, "My son has good taste. You're so handsome."

San didn't know what to do with himself. He didn't know what to say or how to react, so he just stood and hoped he could stop the blush from spreading across his cheeks. He didn't want to sound full of himself, but he definitely was used to receiving compliments. This, however, felt much different.

"So here you two are. My wife stole you before we could introduce ourselves," Wooyoung's father chuckled, and his voice sounded cheerful. "You can call me Jae."

San introduced himself too and things felt a little less overwhelming from that moment on. Nari suggested that they should start eating since it was already afternoon, and they all felt hungry, so they began to set the table. Once all sat down on the floor mats, San took in the decorations properly. There was a small Christmas tree in the corner of the living room, fairy lights and Christmas decorations on the walls, and a single mistletoe hanging above the door frame. He smiled weakly at the sight of the last detail and thought that it was sweet that Wooyoung's parents included it in their decoration.

"So, San, what do you do for a living?"

Jae's question immediately caught his attention. He decided that going into detail wasn't necessary and told him that he helped his father in their family business. Both parents nodded at that. When Nari joined the conversation, she added that San's father must be very proud of him.

He just nodded. I hope that he is. Looking over at Wooyoung, he saw that he silently ate his food and didn't seem interested in joining the conversation yet.