Chapter 3 : New life

Next day 7:30 am

I switched the alarm off and got up to dress for the work. I buttoned up my shirt and started to think... Soo UrDezinz, an interior-cum-exterior design company, also a veryyy famous company, and that took ME, isn't it weird that the other companies did not like me but they did. Well, nevermind, it's my first official day and I'll give my best.

Umm... I'm ready, let me book a cab... Oh right there. I waited for my cab got into it and reached the office.

'Good morning' 'Good morning' I greeted everyone. I'm nervous even though I did it earlier too but okayy fine.

Oh, am i late? Oh shit shit shit shit. I went inside Mr. Fabel's cabin.

Zelan's POV

Ms. Assistant is being late, on the first day. Is that maybe-

'May I come in sir?'

'Yes, after being late on your first day yes I allow you to come in'

Ethel's POV

Oh is he showing favours or something?  Huh. Being at a high post that man got a lot of grudges, doesn't he?

'Miss? What are you thinking about? You want me to tell you about the work or not?'

Ohhh attitude. Woww.

'Umm yes sir please tell me.'

'Okay, you'll need to do... Also check... Once you're free call Mr adams and then come in my cabin... Then you'll have to do that and just this.'

'Okay sir as you say.'

Just this? Oh right just this.

'And yes, you'll need to come to my cabin whenever there is the need to and call me ONLY if it's necessary. Okay?'

'Alright sir, no problem.'

Then I went out and did those works. The day went just too fast and after I ate there was a lot more work to do. It shouldn't have been this hard should it?

And as such 2 weeks passed

One day I got an unknown call...

'Hello. Am i talking to Ethel?'

'Yes you are.'

'Oh my god, it's been years.'

'Yes it might have been but sorry I don't actually remember your voice..'

'oh it's me Zylith, you remember?'

' Ohh Zylithhh. It's been years since we last met.'

'Umm i just said that but nevermind.'

' Yes yes ofcourse you didn't change a little. Now tell me how's life?'

' Life is great. I got a husband and I'm even pregnant. You know at a young age but I'm happy for what I got, he takes care of me he's so good.'

' Yes he would be ,ofcourse, he's YOUR man.  And you didn't call me at the wedding?'

'Yes i couldn't i didn't have your contact but I'll surely call you soon.'

' Yess I'm excited to meet you, but you said you didn't have my number, so who gave it to you?'

'Oh my brother gave it to me, Zelan, if you remember.'

'hold on... Mr. Fabel? HE'S YOUR BROTHER? So he didn't lie that day that he knew me.'

' Yes yes your boss is my brother.'

'How do you even manage that man, he's such a rude... Okay nevermind now tel-'

'Youll also need to manage that man afterall he's your boss.'

' Yes he is.'

And we talked for 2 hours or maybe more it was so good to get in touch with my old friend. But atleast I got to know that Mr. Fabel isn't a creep atleast. Well I knew that earlier too or else I wouldn't have joined the job but yeah. Oh, I need to sleep rn or else I'll get late just like my first day. That day still irritates me. But not Mr. Fabel because now I know he is like that only and he won't change.