My heart belongs to Dylan, not you, Thomas.

Start from the beginning

"Of course, because of your blindness, you are unaware of what the villainous cabal is up to. The cabal's leader is seated right beside you, and your dear husband, whom you trust so much, is a merman. He cannot reveal his identity to you, nor can he tell you that I am the real mastermind behind the cabal. It's ironic," a series of wild thoughts run through Mandy's head, and then she speaks up, "No, that can't be true."

"Why can't that happen" Doris asks concerned. "I mean to say it won't happen. We will stay here and live like the happy family we are", she blinks slowly before she continues. "And if you want to leave so bad, I will come to say goodbye to you", Mandy adds straightening her posture on the seat and a little mischievous smile on her lips.

Dylan fully understands what Mandy meant by '... leave and I will come to say goodbye to you'. She was wishing Doris dead but Dylan knows he won't let that happen. Marvin walks in with the cake in his hands, he quietly drops it on the table. "Ma'am, this cake was made by Dylan", Marvin says and Mandy enters her world of thinking again. "Is he going to kill me? Why did he prepare a cake for me by himself? Has he added poison to it?", she thought. "Doris and Dylan made the cake for you with so much love in their heart" Marvin concludes his words and Mandy's heart stops racing.

Dylan moves closer to the cake and says, "Mother, won't you have a piece of this cake I made with so much love?" He has a little grin on his face. Mandy doesn't respond but stays there. Dylan then cuts a piece of the cake and offers it to Mandy, saying, "Your cake, Mom." He stands in front of Mandy, but she hesitates to collect the cake from Dylan. Doris urges Mandy to eat the cake, saying, "Mom, just eat the cake. Don't make me feel sad."

Mandy reluctantly stands up. The group sings a happy birthday song for Mandy. During the song, Mandy and Dylan maintain eye contact, glaring at each other and showing the hate they have for each other from the people around them. Mandy thinks to herself, "Is Dylan playing the same trick I am using on him?"

After the song, Dylan asks Mandy his mother-in-law, "Will you eat your cake now?" He stretches his hands to give Mandy the cake, and her heartbeat races a thousand times per minute.

"Mother, I am not a snake that would bear its fangs and poison this cake. Why are you taking so long to eat it? Come on, eat it quickly," Dylan says in a firm and cold tone. "Dylan, what nonsense are you talking about? Such things don't happen between mother-in-laws and son-in-laws. Isn't that right, Mother?" Dylan asks Mandy, who nods in agreement. "Calling me a snake and all that... Is that what you call 'such things'? Mom, Dylan is just joking around, don't mind him. He might be saying all that because of the stress he's been through. Maybe he's just tired," Doris tries to persuade Mandy to eat the cake quickly. Mandy's hands shake visibly as the cake moves closer to her mouth.

After seeing the amount of hesitation and fear in Mandy, Dylan takes the cake from her and takes a bite. "Yummy!" Dylan exclaims. "Look, there is no poison in it. Do you doubt me, or do you think I have poison in me?" Dylan asks. "Poison? No, it's just that I'm a little shocked. I haven't celebrated my birthday in years, so I feel a bit overwhelmed," Mandy quickly defends herself.

Mandy is trying to avoid eating the cake. She spots her husband Bobby on his way to the living room and asks him to taste it first, saying it's her birthday cake and she hasn't celebrated in a year. Dylan, who is with them, realizes what she is doing. However, Bobby refuses and says he will go outside for some fresh air instead. Mandy suggests he stay inside and use the air conditioner, but Bobby insists on getting natural air and leaves the house.

Doris eagerly approaches Mandy with a slice of cake, hoping to share the delicious treat with her. However, Mandy hesitates, knowing that she shouldn't indulge in the cake made by Dylan. As Doris extends her hand with the cake, Mandy musters up the courage to politely decline, despite her disappointment. "I appreciate your kind gesture, Doris, but I have to prioritize my health. You all enjoy the cake without me," Mandy says, pouting a little. It's never easy to turn down a tempting dessert, but Mandy knows that her well-being comes first.