chapter 3: that's so not funny

Hair and outfit above^ the first outfit is what she wore to school the second outfit is what she wore to the ledge

The next day, it was bright and sunny, and Ronnie was dropping me, Stacy, and Lydia off at school because her mom let her take the car. Ronnie and Stacy were talking about her bat mitzvah party.

"Oh, by the way, Dad invited the dry cleaner to the bat mitzvah, Stacy."

"What? That's so unfair! The ratio of old people to normal people is already so unbalanced."

"Why is that kid Mateo going to Hebrew school?" Zaara said.

"Maybe he wanted to convert and take some Jewish holidays off," Lydia said, and they all started laughing, but I wasn't. It wasn't really funny to me, so I said, "That's so not funny," but I don't think any of them heard me.

"Are you going to invite him, Stace?" I said.

"Mateo? No, I barely know him," Stacy said, which was a lie.

"Hey, if you invite Mateo, Andy might come," Lydia said while getting out of the car.

Before we could get far, Zaara said, "Have fun learning," then Ronnie said, "Love you Stacy," and she said, "Love you too," and I said bye to Zaara. She said, "I love you," and they started driving away.

Mini time skip

Me and Stacy put $5 in a donation box, and the boys said thank you, and Lydia said, "Good job, guys," as we walked down the hall, greeting everybody with a "shalom." While Stacy and Lydia were talking, I was trying to find Mateo, but I just found Aaron, so I walked beside him, messing with his yarmulke.

Aaron turned his head to see who it was, but it was just Leah. They dapped each other up, and Leah caught back up with her friends. We walked past the popular girls and Andy, so I stopped to talk to them.

Kym told me that she is having a couple of people over after school, and I'm invited. She said to make sure I bring a change of extra clothes.

After that, I caught back up with my friends again, and Rabbi Rebecca walked over to us and said, "Chop chop, ladies, curtains up in 5! I like to think of Hebrew school as a little performance I give, And Your prayer book is the playbill, and I'm the star cutie pops, giving you a bit of the ole razzle-dazzle. You know what I'm saying? Just kidding Come on, class is starting, let's go," she said, walking away as the young ones walked up to her and asked for snacks.