chapter 5: Mister gentleman?

My eyes slowly open, the sound of my alarm blaring in my ears. I groaned as i glanced at the clock. I was almost late! Today was benjamin's bat mitzvah and i had overslept I heard my sister bang on my door telling me to "wake up we're about to be late because of you".

I got out of bed, my heart pounding with urgency. I did my usual morning routine, take a shower  brush my teeth do my hair and do my Makeup when i was done with my makeup i looked in the mirror and looked cute.

I sprinted downstairs, and grabbed my purse and practically flew out the door. My sister and mom were waiting in the car, exchanging worried glances as i skidded to a halt beside them.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry!" I gasped, sliding into the backseat.

My sister rolled her eyes but couldn't hide a smirk. "You're lucky we love you," she teased as mom started the car.

I grinned sheepishly, my cheeks flushed with embarrassment. But as they pulled away from the curb, i couldn't help but feel a surge of excitement. Despite the chaos of the morning, i was ready to dance the night away and make memories that would last a lifetime.

                             Time skip

Me Lydia Kym Megan and Anya are making a video posing like we were models until the beat dropped and we started dancing crazy

We finished the video and DJ schmuley said "oh yeah! Mazel tov to Benjamin" as he was waving a blowed up basketball and turn the song two wolves by Selena Gomez and yelled "Make some noise party people!" As everybody started yelling

Stacy's POV

I turn my head and my dad said said oh yeah it's too loud in here and a old lady said you know we didn't have to suffer with these bat mitzvahs when we were your age and another old lady said we just celebrated with our families and poof you're a woman then I said girls didn't have bat mitzvahs? Another lady started talking and said my mother told me girls were born into God's Kingdom so we didn't have to then said she was full of it she just trying to save money and then we all started laughing

Leah's POV

I was making a TikTok with Kym until I turned around and saw Mateo. I finished the dance and walked over to him as he was grabbing a basket of basketball rolls. So, I asked what he was doing, and he told me that Andy was going over to the nursing home down the street to see his grandma, and she only gets Jello. So he's going to make her a plate of real food. I asked if I could help.

Mateo paused, considering my offer for a moment, then smiled warmly. 'Sure,' he said, handing me a empty basket so we could collect rolls " umm Could you grab her some slice some fruits for her? " I nodded eagerly and joined him in preparing the meal for Andy's grandma."

Once we finished packing the food, Mateo and I headed to a nearby table to grab a few more rolls. As we approached them, I noticed that it was just Stacey and her dad so I turned to Mateo and asked, 'How many rolls do you think we'll need?'

He chuckled softly. 'Let's just grab the basket, just to be safe.'

We continue walking over to the table as Mateo said, "hiya ladies," and Mr. Friedman said, "hey." Then Mateo realized there
was a guy at the table and said, adding on to his previous statement, "and gentlemen," as I just giggled. I walked closer and said, "mind if we take your extra rolls? We're making a plate for Andy's grandmother." All the old women started saying how sweet that was, and one of them called him "Mister Gentleman." Mr. Friedman handed us the basket of basketball rolls, and Mateo and I both said, "gracias" at the same time. Then Stacy said, "wait, why are you making a plate for Andy's grandma?" And Mateo said, "she only gets Jello at her retirement home, so we thought that we should get her real food for Andy to bring her when he visits tomorrow." It seemed like Stacy wasn't paying attention, and she said, "wait, Andy's grandma in a retirement home?" I answered her question with a yea. And She turned around and said, "that's awesome," as me and Mateo's expressions changed to a puzzled looks. I said, "what?" And Mateo said, "wait why is that awesome?"he says scrunching his face up.

As we gathered the rolls, my hand found its way to Mateo's, and we started walking away together. I looked at him with a confused, funny, mocking expression and said, "Mr. Gentleman?" raising my eyebrow playfully laughing. Mateo rolled his eyes playfully and chuckled, enjoying the light-hearted moment as we continued on our way, to finish Andy's Grandma's plate

                       Time skip home

When we got home, I went to my room, took a shower, brushed my teeth, and put on some nice cozy pajamas. I practiced my Torah reading and speech after I pulled the covers up above me close my eyes and soon drifted off to sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------

960 words
Hey how are my little people I hope you guys are okay and hope y'all liked this one and I know it is kind of short I'll try to do  more on the next one I was trying to have it more revolved around Mateo and leah anyways bye guys love you ❤️💖❤️ and don't forget to vote and comment and what do y'all think the theme should be pick and tell me in the comments