(6) - The Garden

Luigi landed in the middle of a thick bush. Thankfully, it cushioned his fall. However, he also seemed quite...tangled up at the moment.

"Oof! Owie!" Luigi squeaked out.

After squirming and kicking out for a few minutes, the little boy was free from the bush. Luigi frantically flailed around his arms as he tried to get into a clearing, only to start stirring up some pollen from the many MANY plants. The little boy didn't even have a chance to look at all of the pretty and exotic flowers surrounding him as he stumbled into a clearing, desperately wiping at his face.

"Ha-ACHOO!" Luigi sneezed. "Uh-oh, there's too- ACHOO! T-too much stuff in the a- ah- ACHOO!"

Poor Luigi couldn't stop himself from sneezing. He had jostled so many plants that his whole system had to be flooded with pollen by now. His nose was running and his eyes were watering, and he didn't really have anything to remedy it. Plus, this garden had probably thousands upon THOUSANDS of plants, so there was no chance he could escape the pollen without somehow finding and scaling the wall again.

"Ohh- ACHOO! -I'm gonna- ACHOO! -g-get found out before I- ACHOO! -find the ball!" Luigi exclaimed in a sneezing fit. "ACHOO!"

Carefully and cautiously, Luigi got to his feet. He figured that there was no use standing still and waiting to get caught by the scary blind guy who lived there, so he got moving, despite his now blurred vision along with loud sneezing that scared off almost anything within a several-yard distance...

- - - - - - - - - - Meanwhile...

Mario along with the other three kids stood around, all of them staring up at the wall Luigi had disappeared behind. One of the others had suggested ditching Luigi while they could, but Mario quickly silenced that notion with a punch to the stomach. The poor older brother felt awful knowing that he had gotten his brother into this mess.

In all honesty, this was probably the first time Mario felt a bit of protectiveness for his little sibling...though it was a little late for that now.

"Do you think he's still alive?" the redhead girl questioned no one in particular.

"I bet he broke his ankle or somethin' falling down," the green boy muttered.

Mario grit his teeth and shot the boy a glare, already balling up his fists.

"You better shut up before I break YOUR ankle or somethin'!" Mario spat.

Before Mario had a chance to march over and beat the crap out of the other little boy, the redhead shushed them.

"You hear that?" she asked.

All four of them paused for a moment, going silent. The little green boy took the chance to quickly shuffle away from Mario as his focus was turned toward the garden wall. Then, after a few moments, they heard it...

"ACHOO!"

Mario let out a long sigh of relief, recognizing his twin's voice.

"Oh thank gosh... He's okay," Mario said with a chuckle.

"For now," the little orange boy stated.

The older twin wasted no time turning and running at the orange boy, making him shriek and bolt as Mario charged at him with his fists ready. While Mario chased him around, the redhead and green kid kept their eyes on the garden as they started to wonder if Luigi actually COULD make it out in one piece...

- - - - - - - - - - Meanwhile...

Luigi kept trudging along as best as he could while sneezing every few moments. His eyes wouldn't stop watering. The second he thought he could make out where he was going, he'd sneeze and his eyesight would blur again. Poor Luigi hadn't made it very far into the garden... He didn't want to accidentally squish any of the pretty flowers by stepping on them. The thought of the nice plants that took probably forever to grow getting damaged made Luigi upset.