chapter five.

❛ SO BLESSED, AMAZINGLY. TOUCHIN' YOU NOW, AWAKENS ME. YOU ARE MY HEART, MY EVERYTHING . . . ❜

SO BLESSED , mariah carey.

' 𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇 𝟓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟖. '
    the degrates residence ━━ calabasas, california !

   "MAMA, WHERE'A GOING?" The small petite daughter rushed an exit from her playroom, with a plastic infant in her hold. The child alert to her mother's walk past by.

"There you are, where were you? Me and Dada were trying to find you . . . I tend to forget you're the quiet child." Milani informed, her walking came to a complete pause to her daughter's voice behind her.

"I was in the playroom, Mama. Makin' music!" Her daughter's face formed a smile from ear to ear, looking to the miniature piano that DeVante customized for her fourth birthday.

The man customized a miniature baby pink colored piano, to the adjustable level of her growing height upon the time that passed. The flat surface of the instrument held a calligraphy of her name, Malia, wide and DeGrate at the medium write underneath.

The instrument had been the greatest gift that Malia had endured, that her father had built a second for the child amongst their time spent in Los Angeles — which hadn't planned to be quite often.

"What, you were making a song? Can Mommy hear?" The child grasped her mother's hand, pulling into the atmosphere of her playroom.

Milani softly sat down the floor beside the piano, holding onto the plastic infant that was handed to her. In sighting, a small sheet of paper rested upon the piano.

"What's this?" The mother grabbed ahold of the paper, seeing the title of ABC. Milani watched the toddler grow situated in her seat, her fingers fidgeted with the keys like her father did.

Milani smiled softly at the little action of her significant other's mini — musically with instruments, the child had began to inherit much from her father.

"Okay, you ready, Mama?" Milani nodded her head, placing the sheet of paper in front of her. "You and I . . . could be more nat'ral. Our la've could be so strong."

Milani poked her bottom lip to her daughter, unaware to the switch of the songs. The entire scenery made the woman overly emotional due the fact that it was visual to the fact that her daughter was growing older by the day.

"Can you say Mama?" Milani cooed to the precious infant ahead of her. "No, say Dada. Dada?" DeVante was immediate to interfere, bending down the height of his infant.

The infant sat in her high chair, the small and mushy green avocados in the grasps of her hands and over her small eating tray.

"No Mama."

"Dada."

"Baba." The infant spoke, referring to her teddy bear. "No, Baba's in the living room . . . say, Dada. Dada." DeVante moved her chin, her plumped pink lips moved to and apart.