chapter one.

LEAN ON ME, WHEN YOU'RE NOT STRONG. AND I'LL BE YOUR FRIEND, I'LL HELP YOU CARRY ON . . .❜

LEAN ON ME , bill withers.

chapter one.
U AND I,
forever always.

'  𝐖𝐄𝐃𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐉𝐀𝐍𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝟏𝟒, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟖

𝐖𝐄𝐃𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐉𝐀𝐍𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝟏𝟒, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟖. ' the degrate residence ━━ corpus christi, texas !

   DEVANTE'S EYES SLOWLY fluttered open to the sounds of the cartoon theme anthem of Looney Tunes. The bright sunlight beamed through the satin blinds that decorated and kept privacy from the large windows of Milani and his.

The male glanced over to the side of him, where he lightly chuckled at the sight. "Ain't this about a bitch," He whispered upon himself, seeing as Kayden was spaced out in the middle of their large king sized bed, drinking out of his light blue and green mixed color sippy cup that rested above his natural bloated stomach.

He slowly eased his way out of the bed, letting out a light groan as he stretched his arms out before he began to rub the tiredness out of his eyes, clearing his blurry vision. Kayden let out a soft whimper, gaining DeVante's full attention.   

DeVante turned back over to the bed, seeing as Kayden attempted to reach for his hold. He held out the sippy cup into the air, motioning towards the fact that it happened to be empty.

"You want more?" He questioned, the small infant nodded his head casually, his curls moved effortlessly amongst his head movement.

"Alright, come on, man." DeVante held his arms out for the petite boy, the small chunky one year old crawled further to the edge of the bed, holding his arms for DeVante to grab into, which he had.

He made his way over to the bedroom door, opening it with ease— to refrain noise made to awake Milani. The woman laid peacefully on her stomach, her body slowly heaved up and down in a regular pace.

"We should get you another chain, you want layers?" He asked the small infant, who looked at him confusingly but had nodded his head nonetheless.

"You don't even know what that is." He laughed, gently placing his hand over the infant's forehead, playfully. Kayden smiled widely, letting out a soft giggle.

As he made his way down the steps of his family's home, he fixed the long chain that dangled down Kayden's neck, against the blue soft onesie that covered his body.