- 𝙻𝚎𝚊𝚗 𝙾𝚗 𝙼𝚎 -

Start from the beginning

"Mic, pull over," Aizawa murmured, feeling a tightness in his chest.

Yamada turned to his long-time friend in confusion. "Huh?"

"Just pull over!" Aizawa repeated, a little louder this time.

Yamada finally complied and when he slowed the car down enough, Aizawa unbuckled his seatbelt and stood out of the car, closing the door behind him,

"Shota, what the hell!" Yamada exclaimed, clearly confused.

Aizawa walked a few meters away from the car and stood with his hands in his pockets, not staring at anything in particular.

Unrolling the passenger window, Yamada then asked, "What are you doing, man? This isn't the place to take a pee break!"

Aizawa felt his ears burn with embarrassment at how loud that last comment was. "It's not like that! I just-I need some time to think; alone."

Yamada blinked from behind his sunglasses and didn't seem to like the idea of leaving his best friend alone.

"But Shota..."

"Just go Mic. I'll find my way back to U.A. another way."

Yamada still looked conflicted as he contemplated on whether to leave Aizawa here. "Are you serious...?"

Aizawa's patience finally runs out as he glares back at his friend.

"Yes." He sneers, and Yamada finally gets the message.

Shaking his head, Yamada turned the ignition back on and got the car back onto the main road, heading in the direction of U.A.

Once he was gone, Aizawa let out a sigh of relief, not wanting to break down in front of his best friend. It was hard enough during the interrogation with Kurogiri and Aizawa didn't want to burden Yamada with his feelings any more than he had to.

Aizawa glanced at his surroundings and noticed that some people had seen his exchange with Hizashi, but seemed to move on and went back to what they were doing.

A winter breeze went past him, causing him to shiver and subconsciously cover his mouth with his scarf.

'It will be getting dark soon.' Aizawa noted as the sun grew further and further in the distance.

With nothing better to do, the underground hero walked forward, wandering around the city streets.

-

Emi Fukukado considered herself to be an outgoing person and always took the time to make other people laugh.

But what people didn't know was that it could be exhausting being so happy all the time, so it was days like this when Emi took the liberty of taking some downtime

So putting on her civilian outfit, which consisted of blue overalls, a white buttoned-up t-shirt, and a denim jacket, the young hero took to the city.

Emi had just gotten out of a coffee shop with her favorite beverage in hand, bubble mocha milk tea. Just having a taste of the sugary sweetness honestly made Emi's day.

When turning a corner, Emi noticed a familiar head of shoulder-length black hair heading in the opposite direction of her.

Emi felt the curves of a smile forming. She was always happy to see Shota Aizawa.

Despite being two years younger than him, Emi had a lot of admiration for the man. Even though he may not believe her, Emi had been crushing on him since freshman year and progressed when she met him near her work-study.

The jokes she made of them being a couple had been fun at first but slowly became a running gag that Emi forced herself to uphold. After all, Emi was the smiling hero, she couldn't let anyone see her being hurt by rejection.