𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

THE NEXT DAY:

IFEDAYO'S POV:

"girl, have you figured out what you are going to wear to the party?" rhiannon asks me, putting my little brother onto her lap.

"i'm not gonna lie, i have no idea what i am going to wear," i respond, rummaging through my wardrobe to see what dress i can wear.

it is currently 5pm and the party starts at 7:30pm on the dot. me and my friends have been looking through my wardrobe for about an hour, trying to look for a nice dress that i can wear.

"ugh and it's too late to go shopping!" i exclaimed, putting my hands in the air as a sign to show defeat.

"wait, i think i found something?" vanessa smiled, picking up a beautiful dress i hadn't seen in 2 years.

i got this dress tailored from nigeria 2 years go but never had an occasion where i was able to put it on, but i guess now is the perfect time, right?

"it's so beautiful!" rhiannon shouts, accidentally scaring my brother in the process.

femi gives her a stank look.

"sorry, femi," she laughs, giving him a hug to console him. "since we have found a dress, we can finally get ready,"

"should i wear my natural hair out?" i ask my friends, not knowing if i should wear my afro to the venue.

"of course you should, you will look amazing!" vanessa pitches in, preparing to start her makeup routine.

all three of us quickly got our makeup done, make sure our hair was up to par and put our dresses on. before we knew it, it was 6:30pm and we had to leave as it takes around and hour to get to the venue.

"you girls look absolutely gorgeous," my mother says, trying to get a picture of the four of us. "especially your little brother!"

technically vanessa didn't have a plus one so she chose to invite my little brother. he looked so cute with his little suit on.

"thank you, ma," we all say in unison.

"remember to take care of femi and most importantly, have fun!" she says, giving us all a hug.

we say our goodbyes and head towards the uber that will take us to the venue.

*TIME SKIP*

we have now arrived at the venue at the clock had just struck 8pm. we were 30 minutes late, fashionably late if you ask me. the venue looked absolutely stunning and you could tell a bunch of rich people were here. it was very prestigious and chandeliers scattered the hall, i was speechless.

"this place is beautiful," i admired the scenery around me.

"it sure is," rhiannon responds. "we need to hurry though, we're quite late!"

she grabs a hold of my hand and pulls me towards the hall where the speeches take place. luckily, the venue had barely started so we didn't miss anything important.

*TIME SKIP*

it has been an hour and i'm already tired. many influential people had done their speeches which mostly included their accoloades and their charitable deeds within the year, i'm sure you can imagine how tiring that is.

"guys, i'm going to quickly go to the toilet," i whisper to my friends.

"okay, come back quickly though, the head son is soon to make his yearly speech," vanessa whispers back, carrying my brother on her lap as he had fell asleep.

i nod and quickly rushed to toilet. while walking around the venue, i clocked that i didn't ask for the directions of where the toilets were. as i was about to head back to the main hall, i accidentally bump into what seemed to be a wall but when i looked up, it was the most gorgeous man i had ever seen in my life.

AUTHOR'S NOTES:
ifedayo's outfit:

AUTHOR'S NOTES:ifedayo's outfit:

vanessa's outfit:

rhiannon's outfit:

rhiannon's outfit:

i couldn't really find anything good for femi's outfit, so just imagine him in a cute suit