𝟢𝟥𝟪,𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐝

Start from the beginning

Panting, she runs back into the Glade. Her face is full of panic as she continues sprinting towards the Map Room.

"Minho!" Joan slams the door open.

Alarmed, all the Runners look up. "You're hella late."

"Yes," she pants. The girl presses a hand to her chest. "Section three... a Griever has shown up every single time. Like the time we ran there together, Minho."

He gets up with a frown. "That's strange. Always section three?"

"Yes." She nods. "I'm not sure if it's safe to run in anymore."

The Keeper shares a glance with the other Runners. "Okay. I'll check it out with you next week, yeah? Anyone else noticed anything strange?"

Carefully, Ben raises his hand. "Jim and I have been running away from quite some Grievers in section six lately."

Minho's face falls. "Shit— eh, Dan? You?"

"Section seven's been rough. I didn't want to tense anyone, but as we're speaking..."

"Oh." He runs a hand down his forehead. Looks around, swallowing. "Well, make sure you're extra careful. If it continues like this, we might have to give up."

Jim's eyebrows scrunch. "What about the Gladers? They'll know there's no way out."

"Then that's like that. We can't risk our lives likes this to keep their hopes up," Minho says. "Just keep it up, guys. We'll start teaming up from now on. In case the Grievers decide to harm more."

Their nods confirm they agree.

Joan turns around to hide the grin on her face, then searches for Alfred and Joe. She finds them at a picnic table, calmly eating dinner.

While her mind is full of darker thoughts, she still manages a real smile at them. "Hey, boys. Mind if I join?"

They shake their heads.

"So... anything up lately? Got everything under control as I'm in the Maze?" She wonders.

"I finished sharpening knives and axes," Joe says proudly.

Alfred gives him an encouraging nod. "Yeah, he did. I restocked the serums."

"Awesome!" She compliments. "Just let me know if it gets too much or y'all feel like I'm not doing enough."

"No, it's fine," they assure. "You're doing great."

The corners of her lips curve up. "Glad to hear that."

Then, the boys share a glance, both grinning.

Immediately, she's suspicious. "What?"

They look at each other again. "Well..."

"You know how Camil and Fry like to gossip about you and Gally?"

"Yeah, they're our best friends—"

"And we kind of overheard them."

"On accident!" Joe adds, blushing. "We were just getting our food."

"...and then we heard Camil tell Fry—"

"—that interesting things happened." Fry suddenly slides next to her, a big grin of his face.

Her mouth hangs open. "He wasn't supposed to tell you that!" She peeps.

"It's true?" They all gasp in unison.

"What? No. What would be true, anyways?"

"That you and Gally shucked," Alfred blurts out.

Frypan nudges him in the side. "Man, now Camil is dead."

Her mouth is still half open as she stares at them. "Yeah, he is. And so are you three."

"But it's true?"

Before she can even deny, someone sits down next to them.

"Gally! Good you're here. Now you can confirm if it's true what Camil told me."

Unbothered, the boy takes a bite off his food, resting his hand on Joan's leg. "Hm?"

"Did you and Joan happen to have any... fun lately?"

He stops chewing for a second, then continues. "Depends on what you mean with fun."

"You know what we mean."

"I'm not sure if I do. Explain."

"You know— intense moments."

He raises an eyebrow. "More context, perhaps?"

"How dumb can you be?" Alfred mutters, then raises his voice, "We mean if you did things."

"I still don't understand, unfortunately. There's this saying, though. That Builders aren't good with their heads, but they are with their hands?" He shrugs as if he didn't just confirm a lot. "Guess that's why I don't understand."

Fry claps in his hands. "It's true!"

"That happy, Fry?" She pulls a face. "Jealous?"

"Never," he decides.

Then Gally adds, "If you tease her or bother her with this one time, I swear to god I will—"

"It's alright," Joan assures fast. Her stomach twists all the way around at the thought of this protectiveness, yet she continues, "I'll handle them myself."

Gally nods in agreement, but shoots the three boys a warning glare after all.

A/n: Do we mind if there's a few time skips so husband #25000 will arrive soonerrr?? (You know who I mean)

Sorry this is short again