Chapter Nineteen: Quetacha Mountains!

Start from the beginning

"Speaking of treasure hunters, keep an eye on the professor. There were unanswered questions about valuables going missing on his last dig." Lady Penelope says as a car arrives behind them. Gordon, Luna and Willow got out. Willow had been curious about this place since they found it. She had spent months begging her parents to let her come back. Scott and Phoebe both thought that it'd be good for the twins to get a history lesson from history. Gordon drew the short straw and had to come with. More like he volunteered after he heard that Penelope would be there.

"Nothing was ever proved but—" Lady Penelope begins.

"Lady Penelope!" Gordon calls out and the two turn to look at Gordon and the girls.

"Gordon?" Lady Penelope inquires, curiously.

"I wasn't sure what we'd need so I brought the all-terrain kit." Gordon states.

"First, ever hear of traveling light?" Lady Penelope asks, "And Second, why are you here, Gordon?"

"Uh, first, better safe than sorry. And second, you called me, remember?" Gordon asks.

"Well, as long as you're here, you're welcome to have a look inside, but I didn't send you any message." Lady Penelope replies.

"Yes you did. You said it was too dangerous to go in alone." Gordon explains, "Plus the twins wanted to have a history lesson."

"If it's so dangerous, why did you bring your nieces?" Lady Penelope asks, "Parker, would you happen to know anything about this?"

"Well, milady, I knew I wasn't going in, so I called International Rescue." Parker explains.

"Because you think I need someone to look after me?" Lady Penelope asks.

"Exactly!" Parker says and Lady Penelope scowls at him, "Uh... I mean, no, not at all, milady! You're more than capable of fending for yourself."

"Mr. Parker's in trouble." Willow whispers.

"Uh-Oh." Luna replies and giggles.

"See what you've done?" Parker asks.

"I thought you weren't going in?" Gordon asks.

"Exactly! Then you arrived!" Parker complains, "I had a five in six chance of it being one of the others."

"There's only five of us." Gordon states.

"I was including your Gran!" Parker yells.

"Technically Daddy and Mommy both would have come." Luna explains.

"Mommy's thinking about doing rescues again now that Miles needs less of her mommy milk." Willow explains. They head to catch up with Lady Penelope. They head inside and Willow and Luna look around.

"Oh wowwwww." Luna breathes out.

"This is the main tunnel." Professor Harold says, "Many precious finds have been found here. They head inside and Gordon rushes ahead a few feet.

"Hold up, I want to run a full electromagnetic spectrum analysis before we go in too deep." Gordon announces.

"Why exactly?" Lady Penelope asks.

"Because I brought the electromagnetic spectrum analyzer." Gordon replies.

"How come Gordon's your favorite Uncle? He's a pain in the kaboose." Luna whispers and Willow shushes her.

"Hmm, I'm picking up traces of precious metals, gold, silver..." Gordon announces.

"Really? Where?" Professor Harold asks.