Chapter 8: bloody poison

as V, Ruby, Jaune, Pyrrha, Ren, Nora, and Johnny were in panic as they were carrying Qrow who was poisoned.

"He's getting worse," Jaune said.

"He's not dying on us," Johnny said.

"How much farther?" Ruby asked panicked

"We've gotta be close," Nora said.

"V, are you using that map?" Pyrrha asked.

"I have it," V said as he had the map in his memory, "we're coming up close to a fork in the road. We need to decide which way to go."

They soon found the fork, whereupon it displayed names, one pointing the way they came from, "Higanbana" the others lead to "Kuchinashi" and "Mistral" to the right,but on the left was Kuroyuri crossed out.

"Hey, hey! Mistral! We're on the right path! Oh..." Nora said looking at the name on the left.

"Does it say how close?!" Ruby asked.

"No. And it looks like the path takes us up the mountains," Ren said.

Soon Jaune and Johnny placed Qrow's stretcher down.

"That mountain is too dangerous for us to climb with Qrow," V said.

"Okay. Well, what about this place? Kuro... Kuroyuri? Can we get help there?" Ruby suggested.

"That village was destroyed years ago," Ren said.

"But if it takes us around the mountains, we can make it," Pyrrha suggested.

"It will take too long," Ren said sternly.

"The town would have had a doctor, right? Maybe we could scavenge for proper medicine!" Ruby said.

"She's got a point," Johnny said.

"We're not going to find anything! We just have to press on!" Ren said angrily.

The group was silent by the sudden outburst, even from Ren out of everyone.

"Ren, why are you acting-" Jaune could sayd

"We can split up," Nora said

"Huh?" Ruby said, confused.

Nora then placed her hand on Ren's shoulder and said, "Ren and I can cut through the mountains while you guys take Qrow around through the village."

"No, we're supposed to stick together! We keep each other safe!" Jaune commanded.

"We don't have time for safe! If we make it to Mistral, we'll bring back help! If we don't, at least we'll have a better view of the land! Up there, we can see if there's somewhere else we can go!" Nora said.

"Now wait just a second," Johnny said as he drew his pistol and pointed it at Nora and Ren.

"You can't seriously be thinking of splitting up," Johnny said, his voice firm and unwavering as he kept his aim steady.

Nora and Ren exchanged a glance, their resolve faltering slightly in the face of Johnny's weapon.

Jaune stepped forward, placing himself between Johnny and his friends.

"Put the gun down, Johnny. We can't afford to turn on each other," Jaune said, his voice calm but carrying an undercurrent of authority.

Johnny hesitated, his grip on the gun visibly tightening.

"We need to make a decision quickly. Qrow's condition is deteriorating by the minute," Pyrrha interjected, her voice steady despite the tense situation unfolding before them.