Chapter 3: hunters and nomads

The next day, V led the group through the dense forest, following the digital map stored in his memory. The group moved cautiously, their eyes scanning the surroundings for any signs of danger.

"hey V, I like to ask, How does someone like you get cyberware? Do you lose an arm or something?" Jaune asked curiously.

V chuckled and replied, "No, I didn't lose any limbs; it's your choice to chrome up."

"Chrome up?" Jaune questioned; his curiosity piqued.

V explained, "Chrome up refers to the process of enhancing one's body with cybernetic implants, like the ones I have. It's a personal decision, often driven by a desire for improved abilities or functionality."

Jaune nodded, fascinated by the concept. "So, it's like upgrading yourself?" he asked.

V smiled and replied, "Yeah, plenty of choices when it comes to cyberware. You can choose to enhance your strength, agility, or even gain new abilities altogether. It's all about customizing yourself to fit your own vision of who you want to be."

Jaune's eyes widened with excitement as he imagined the possibilities. "That sounds incredible," he said, his curiosity now fully ignited.

"I never knew there was so much potential for personal enhancement."

V chuckled and said, "Oh, there's a whole world out there waiting for you to explore. Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility."

"Hey, where are we going?" Johnny asked.

"From the map, we're getting close to... Shion?" V said, unsure of the pronunciation.

"Shion? I've never heard of it," Johnny replied, his interest piqued.

"Oh! My family used to visit it all the time," Jaune said, a nostalgic smile playing on his lips.

"Oh yeah. Don't you have, like, four sisters?" Ruby asked.

"Uh, seven," Jaune said.

"Seven?!" V exclaimed, his eyes widening in surprise.

"The hell were your parents on when they decided to have that many kids?" Johnny laughed.

"Well, my parents always wanted a big family, and they definitely got what they wished for," Jaune chuckled. "But hey, having so many siblings was never boring, that's for sure."

"You know, that actually explains a lot," Pyrrha said with a smirk.

"Wait, what do you mean?" Jaune asked, confused.

"So, what did you guys do there?" Ruby asked.

"Oh, all sorts of stuff! We went to a great hiking trail, and we always camped at the same camping site. I got my own tent because I was special. Also, so my sisters would stop braiding my hair," Jaune said.

"Didn't you like the look?" Ruby asked

"Yeah, they just kept doing pigtails, but personally, I think I'm more of a "warrior's wolf tail" kind of guy," Jaune said confidently.

"That's a shorter version of a ponytail," V explained, rolling her eyes.

"I stand by what I said," Jaune said.

Johnny sighed but then smirked, thinking of stirring the pot. "You know, Jaune, with that warrior's wolf tail, you might just get Pyrrha on your dick quicker," he said.

Jaune's face turned bright red as he stammered, "W-What? No way! Pyrrha and I are just friends!"

Ren raised an eyebrow at Johnny's comment. Nora, Ruby, and V burst into laughter at Jaune's reaction, while Johnny chuckled mischievously. "Hey, I'm just giving you some friendly advice," Johnny said with a wink.