Chapter Five

Popularity Passed Down

Chapter 5- Something's up, I just know it.

My parents are very successful doctors. In fact they went to the same high school and the same medical school. When I asked my Mom how she met my Dad she told me it was one of the most cliche way anyone could fall in love, yet she wouldn't change anything. My dad was the school's man-whore. He had the money, the looks, the charisma, and the attitude. My mom on the other hand didn't come from a wealthy family; in fact the only reason she attended that school was because of the scholarship she earned, giving her the title of the school's nerd.

They didn't see each other as friends, not even aquantiences. In fact, they became enemies the first day she stepped foot on Antonia High School for the gifted and talented.

I looked at my mother, she was forcing a smile and my dad, I can't tell how he feels about this situation. I wonder if it's my dad's mom or my mom's mom but judging by my mothers face i'm assuming it's my dad's mom

"Your grandmother is very ill at the moment so we need to watch over her. We asked her if she wanted to stay with us but she didn't want her grandchildren to get a cold." Mom said smiling. "So we told her it was fine and that we will be there in a couple of days. Also while we are gone Rodrick is in charge."

So I wasn't hearing things. They are abandoning us for a month, just for the old lady. I know for a fact that my grandmother doesn't care if we catch her cold. In fact, she would even be glad to give it to us. My grandmother never approved of my dad marrying my mother. I heard she didn't even go to their wedding. She doesn't like us at all and tries to keep as little contact with us as possible.

My grandfather owned a company. It was well known and so they were filthy rich. Just before my grandpa died he gave the business to my dad but my grandmother somehow convinced my grandfather to give it to my uncle. My dad didn't care. He was already studying at a university trying to learn the ropes of business. That all changed when he wasn't getting the company. He had my mom and money saved up so he studied to become a doctor.

My grandma, a filthy rich old hag who lives in a huge mansion all by herself. That selfish old rag only thinks about presentation.

That night my parents kissed us goodbye and walked out the door and headed straight to my grandmother's mansion.

~~~~

My alarm clock woke me up the next morning causing me to groan in frustration. It's a Saturday, we shouldn't be up this early. I grabbed my clock and slammed it into the wall and went back to bed for another few hours.

About 11:00 I decided I had enough sleep and got up and walked straight to the kitchen. As I was walking to the stairs I tripped over my own feet and went tumbling down the stairs. I was so tiered I didn't even want to get up so I stayed there for a good minute before I was interrupted.

"Seriously Katie, Get up." Rodrick said giving me his hand.

"Sorry." I mumbled as we walked into the kitchen. I was greeted by Veronica and Marcel as they stuff their faces with food. 'Very Attractive' I said to myself as I grabbed a plate.

"So Kathrine dear, do you want to go to the beach with us?" Veronica asked.

I stopped eating and dropped everything when she asked to go to the beach. "YES!" I screamed with happiness causing everyone to cover their ears in surprise. I couldn't help it. I love going to the beach and the last time I was there was a couple of months ago. I quickly finished eating and went to my room to change.