Chapter 3- The Choice

I left my dad's office to see Valerie waiting for me. She came closer and looked up at me.

"I'm so sorry about what happened! I didn't mean..."

I put my index finger cutting her off. So many thoughts were spinning around in my head.

Kiss the girl! You know you want to!

If your with her, it will kill her.

But you need to risk it.

Do you want her to end up like mom?

"Shut up!"

Valerie looked up at me, confused. "What?"

I shook my head. "Nothing. Not you."

All the voices in my head formed into one.

Now she thinks your crazy.

I had to make up my mind. I wanted to be with her. I loved her. But I loved her too much to put her in danger. I needed to decide on either my well being or her's.

I looked down at her. She was watching me, her eye's filled with concern.

She definetly thinks I'm crazy.

That was when I decided. I don't know when I made up my mind, but I did.

I kissed her. The kiss was filled with passion. I pulled her close into me, running my hands through her hair.

When I let go of her, she was smiling. I looked up to see that guy, I had no idea what his name was, looking at us. Glaring.

Sucker.

I heard the door to my dad's office open. I turned and saw my dad watching me. I could tell he didn't agree with my decision.

Oh well.

Next to Arie was the girl. She smiled at me.

I smiled back.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We were in my room now. Lying on my bed. Her head was rested on my chest as I played with her hair.

"I've missed you," I tell her.

She got up and looked at me. She stared at me for a few minutes, which made me paranoid.

"Is there something on my face?"

She shook her head. "I just can't belive that I actually forgot you."

I held her face in my hands. Everything about her was perfect. Her round, almond brown eyes. Her pink lips. All her features had a supernatural look to it, as if she was made by something unknown to humans.

I kissed her forehead. "It wasn't your fault."

She looked at me. "I know. It's just..."

I cut her off, kissing her lips. She started to laugh. "What, may I ask, is so funny?"

"It's just, when we first met, you know, when you broke into my house and when you got me out of school?"

I nodded.

"You said I had a bad habit of interrupting you."

"So?"

She laughed. "I guess your the interrupter now."

She started to laugh like crazy. I tried to tell her that nothing was funny, and that she had a terrible sense of humor. But her laugh was so contagious, that soon enough, I started laughing myself.

Once we stopped laughing, she looked at me.

"You know, I heard what your dad said."

I got worried. Did my dad insult her?

I tried to lighten my mood. I made myself look shocked. "You were eavesdropping?"

She simply nodded. "I was worried you would agree. I was really worried about that when you came out. That, and the fact you were telling voices in your head to shut up."

I laughed. "Well, you never have to worry again."

She smiled. "Why is that?"

I kissed her. "It's because your are the best choice I have ever made."

Sapphiresजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें