Chapter 9- The Anger

I run out of the house to the driveway. My fists are clenched. Anger is pulsing through me as if it had replaced my blood. What I want is revenge. Revenge on the person who split my family for so many years. Revenge on Amelia.

I run to the garage. I go to my dads car. I can see the ASNM bumper sticker on the back. When I was little, my dream was to go to the Academy for Super Natural Minds. That was where my parents had met.

But when my mother had passed away, I refused to go to school. When I was little, I went to a mundane elementary school. My first day back after my mom died was the worst day of school I had ever experienced.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When I got to the classroom, all the kids stared at me. Everyone had heard  about my mom, and I had a feeling that Ms. Rocco had told all of them to be extra nice to me.

I walked to my table and sat down. Julia came up to me. I had a big crush on her since third grade. I got excited when I saw her walking up to me, but then she put her arm on my shoulder and asked me if I was feeling okay.

Everybody pitied me, and I hated it. My teacher even said to me that if I was to upset to do the work, I didn't have to. From then on, I knew that in everyone's eye's, I was the kid whose mom died.

I hated it.

When dad came to pick me up from school, I ran up to him.

"I am never going back there," and I went into the car, slamming the car door behind me.

Luckily, he didn't make me. From then on, my dad was a tutor. When I was fourteen, he asked me if I wanted to go to ASNM. I shook my head.

"I wouldn't fit in."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Remembering that made me angrier. I went to the back of the garage until I found what I was looking for. My dad's gun. He  left it there because he knew that I would find it if he hid it in the house. What he didn't know was that I would find it if he hid it in the garage to.

I turn to go in the car when I saw Valerie standing in front of me.

"Nathaniel, I know what your going to do, but it isn't worth it."

I ignored her and opened the car door. I knew how to get there, and I didn't want the driver to take me.

Valerie grabbed my shoulder and turned me to face her.

"Nathaniel! Please don't do this!"

I was angry. Why was she trying to get in my way of getting my revenge? Of doing what needed to be done.

"Valerie! I have to do this!"

"No you don't! You think that your going to get satisfaction by killing her, but trust me, you won't."

"How would you know?" After I say that though, I realize why she knows this. Her father.

I felt like an idiot. You are an idiot, that's why you feel like one.

Valerie was crying. I wiped away the tears from her cheeks and pulled her into me. I hugged her, running my hands through her hair.

"Please don't do this." She was pleading.

"I won't baby, don't worry." She was right, I couldn't kill someone.

That was when my anger was replaced by something else. My love for Valerie controlled me, my actions, and my thinking. I was a Dreamer, the one who could change people's emotions. But Valerie made me feel things I never thought I would feel before.

I let go of Valerie and opened the car door. Valerie grabbed my hand. "You said you wouldn't!"

I shook my head. "I'm not." I stood to the side and gestured to the car. "My lady."

She smiled. She slid into the passenger side. I walked to the other side of the car and went in. I didn't put the key in the ignition. I didn't buckle my seat belt. I held her. I held her close to me, wishing the moment would last forever.