chapter 4

I groaned as I threw one of the daggers that was in my hands at the target, missing. I groaned again due to frustration and threw the other daggers to the ground, sitting next to it with my hands covering my eyes through my hood.

"[n/n]," I heard Petra's footsteps on the grass grew closer. "Are you alright?" I nodded my head as she sat next me with a small smile on her face.

"You look kind of lonely." She laughed and stared at the target with the many daggers that I missed on the floor.

"Whats wrong?" I stayed quiet and thought back to the letter, both from Erwin and Levi. He didn't write it but I knew that Erwin also thought, and implied in the letter, that I wouldn't make it back if they proceeded to let me go with my expedition. I understand what they're saying; an unknown land all the way to the other side of the sea. Who knows what might happen?

"Not answering me?" I glanced at Petra, seeing her sad and looking at the ground before she finally gave up and walked away. She shouldn't take it personally: I barely talk to people. It usually depends on the day and today is not the day I'm jumping around with a smile plastered on my face.

I sighed and picked up the daggers, placing them back in their box, before walking out of the training area and back to the Headquarters. I shuffled my feet on the dark wood floors and made my way to the dinner hall for supper. I ignored the other squad leaders' request for me to sit at their table and went with my brother.

"You okay?" Daanz asked, his mouth full with food while I nodded and ignored the burning sensation of Levi's stare on me.

Its been a couple days since I last spoke to Levi; its been a couple of days since I was near him. I've been ignoring his maddening words and actions, walking away when he would draw near me. I would do the same with Erwin but since he's my commander, not as much.

I expected Levi to yell at me about the bowl of water that I spilt on his floor but I never gave him a chance to bring it up, nor did I give him a chance to speak.

"[n/n]?" Hanji asked, sitting in the seat in front of me. I looked up and gave a semi-cheerful smile. "Come to my table. I already grabbed you a plate." She tugged on my shoulders, pulling me up and tied me on a chair next to hers and the farthest from Levi, who sat at the end of the table.

"[n/n]." Erwin greeted as I played around with the vegetables on my plate. I slowly looked up at him and smiled then quickly dropped my gaze back down. I pulled my hood lower, setting the fork on the table. Everyone was quiet, making me feel uncomfortable as I knew they were whispering on the side.

"[n/n]-" I interrupted Levi, clearing my throat before speaking. "Erwin, can I pass from the 57th expedition?"

"Sure if you give me a valid reason why." I looked at Daanz, who was smiling and chatting away with Joshida and Natha. "I just wanna be with my family again. I haven't spoken to them since my dad dropped me off for the training."

I examined Erwin's features as he thought about it, everyone on the table paying attention to us. "What about your squad?" He asked.

"If its alright, I would also like to give them a bre-" Levi interjected my sentence, speaking with his empty and cold voice. "You can have a vacation but your squad stays. Hanji and I will be in charge of them." He stood up before I could assert my argument and walked out the double doors. I stared at the doors in disbelief and looked at Erwin, who ignored my eyes.

I rose from my seat and ran after him, slamming through the doors. "Levi!" I yelled as I ran through the hallway, behind him. "What do you want, brat?" I rolled my eyes on his comment as he entered his office. "Give my squad a break." I said, through gritted teeth, slamming his door close.

He leaned his butt on the front of the table and opened a light cream colored-folder with one hand and drank tea with the other.

Angered, I ran to him, slapping the folder and cup from his hands and pulled on his collar towards a wall.

"What-" I slammed him against the wall with one big throw and held down his forearms. "You think you're strong enough to hold me down?" I squeezed his arms, digging my nails in as hard as I could. "Wanna try me?" He smirked at me but I felt him slightly wince at the sharp pain due to my fingertips.

"Give my squad a break." I said, softly as I slowly got lost in his gray eyes.

"What would you do if I don't?" My mind went blank as I kept staring into his eyes, somehow hypnotized. Images of the two of us started popping up in my mind, bringing heat to my cheeks.

"I would.." I said as I tried to quickly think of a threat, nothing coming up. "You would what?" He was getting impatient and angry as my nails dug in deeper. "I would.."

Nothing. My mind was empty except for the images that kept rolling, nonstop.

"You would what?!"

"I would kiss you!"

"Do it then!" I fell on his body and forcedly pushed my lips to his. I didn't hear and understood what I said until I unconsciously said and did it. I don't think he heard me either as a small gasp escaped from his mouth once he said what he said.

He kissed back though, slowly wrapping his arms around my waist, unsure if he should continue.

My arms were on his chest as the, what I thought, forbidden action happened between us. It was forbidden for us because we hated each other and we still do, I know we still do but for some reason, I couldn't stop myself.

I felt electricity; pleasurable electricity that spread from his lips and throughout my body.

I quickly pushed myself off as my mind finally became clearer and my hatred towards him came back. I looked at him, shocked and he looked at me, shocked as well, as he leaned against the wall. We both breathed heavily, looking at everything but each other.

I put my feet together and straightened my back and hood as I kept my stare down to the floor, finally becoming serious and not stupid. I can't believe I kissed him; he's never gonna let this go..

"Do what you want with my squad," I said, my voice dispassionate as I walked to his door. "But this never happened." I closed his door, banging it but not as loud as last time. I placed my fingers to my lips, slightly still feeling the electricity before I ignored it and walked to my room.

---

I just wanna say thank you to everyone who's reading my story and to everyone who's saying that they love it (even though it kinda sucks) because it just makes my day and makes me sooo happy. I didn't think anyone would like it when I first started writing but thank you soo much!

---