Will Jake be able to control himself after hearing the truth?

Next morning,
They were having breakfast. Jake was feeding Myra who was sitting on his lap. Mrs.Toner & Josh also having there food. But there's someone who was more than nervous.That's non other than Brett. He was just playing with his food while looking towards Myra time to time, because he want to ask something to her. Then his 2 thoughts started conflicting with each other,
(+ve thought: Now why are you so nervous Brett?? Be positive, see both father daughter duo is happy with each other. Also Jake isn't saying anything to you.
-ve thought: Wait,isn't it the silence before the storm?? Just look at his face don't you think he'll not leave you easily?
+ve thought: Don't try to manipulate him,it's nothing like that. Jake will surely understand your situation.
-ve thought: Can't you feel like he's glaring at you? I think )
suddenly Mrs.Toner asked Jake,
Mrs.Toner: It seems like now you're feeling good my son. You looked little upset last night.
Jake glared at Brett directly causing his food to choke in his throat. Jake immediately passed a glass of water to him while patting his back. Then he asked to Brett,
Jake: Are you okay??
Brett just nodded with a tight smile.
Then Jake replied to Mrs.Toner.
Jake: No,Mom. I was just tired that's why.
Now, I'm fine.
Mrs.Toner: That's good. I was very nervous when you left in the middle of dinner yesterday.
Jake: I know Mom. You love me so much. I'm so sorry for yesterday's behavior.
Mrs.Toner: It's okay Jake. I didn't feel bad, I was just tensed.
Jake: Love you Mom.
Mrs.Toner: Love you too my prince.
(: Love you, my foot. I just hate you Jake.)
She thought.
After listening her Brett thought,
(: How can you do this to your son, aunty? I know he's not your own son, but can't you see how much he loves you and how much he trusts you?? My innocent Jake,don't worry I'll always protect you n your daughter from these demons.Don't you get tired of doing so much drama? I don't know what will happen to my J when he finds out all this?? God please give him so much strength that he can tolerate all this.)
Jake: Aa...ab Myra, let's get ready for your school.
Then he left from there taking Myra in his arms.
At Jake's bedroom,
Myra came from the washroom after wearing her school uniform, Jake made her sit on the bed and started combing her hair and said,
Jake: Baby, You saw your Uncle Brett's face at breakfast table??
Myra: Yes,Dada. He was so scared. But don't be mad at him. You know he loves you so much.
Jake: Yeah,yeah my Grannie. I'll talk to him after dropping you at school. Now happy??
Myra: Yes,Dada. You're the best.
She pecked his cheeks.
Jake: And listen, take care of yourself at school okay. You're wounds are not recovered yet. So, be careful.
Myra: Yes,Mr.Toner
Jake: Hmmm...wait,what?? Okay I'll not drop you at school.
Myra: No,Dada. Don't mad at me.
Jake: Who's Dada??I'm Mr.Toner. right?
Myra: No,no. You're my Dada.
Jake: No.
Then Myra hung on Jake's neck n pecked his whole face n said,
Myra: Dada, don't be mad at me. (Showing puppy eyes)
Jake: Yaah,now don't show me those eyes. You drama queen,always trying to make me fool. Like Mom like daught.....
Then he realized that what he was going to tell. So he changed the topic.
Jake: let's go,otherwise we'll be late.
Then both left for school. After dropping her at school Jake came home n straight went to library. He was thinking something suddenly someone call him. He checked the caller ID n that was his detective manager's call.
Jake: On call
Yes,Mr.Martin.
Martin: Gd afternoon ,Sir. How are you feeling now??
Jake: Yes, yes. I'm absolutely fine.
Martin: Sir. Actually I called you 3/4 days ago but Brett received the call and said that you are not well.
Jake: Oh, Yes. I was just lil bit sick. You tell me what's the matter??
Martin: thought
(: should I tell everthing to Sir? Don't know how he will react. But I have to tell him)
Jake: Mr.Martin, what happened??
Martin: Sir, ac...actually I have found a pho...photo of the lady whose murder case we started a few days ago.
Jake: WHAT??