Chapter 3

BGK
3:28 pm
Knowles household

"I think I wanna ask her to be my girlfriend!" Isaiah giggled as I took the turn into our neighborhood.

"Yo girlfriend? Boy you don't think you moving a lil fast? Y'all just met today-" I shouldn't even say anything. The irony is real.

"But she even held my hand bb! And she wanted to sit with me all day!"

Isaiah ended up being lucky and being put into the same class as Onika's baby sister. Safe to say they got along just fine. And Onika unintentionally became Isaiah's wingman.

"Dang, I see you little man. You just like me. I'm going for one sister and you going for the next." I laughed, turning into our driveway.

"What can I say, I'm a wadies man." He shrugged with a gummy smile. This boy-

"I taught you well." I parked the car and turned around, giving him a fist bump. He giggled once more before starting to unbuckle himself from the booster seat. Seeing him be independent really makes my heart hurt sometimes. He never lets us help him with much of anything anymore. But he's still my lil crybaby so I'll take what I can get.

As I was getting out of the car, mama pulled up next to us. Isaiah had carefully hopped out with his Spider-Man backpack and when he noticed the car he squealed in excitement. This boy is really a mamas boy. He loves our daddy but mama always gon win when it come to his attention.

I could see her through the wind-shield; her face looked stoic. The back door opened as soon as she cut the engine and Solange popped out with tears in her eyes. I wonder if she found out she ain't sick foreal. Whenever she gets caught she pulls crocodile tears outta her ass to guilt mama. It always works.

I smiled, getting ready to taunt her, "What you did now-"

"Shut up Beyoncé." She cut me off. Her voice sounded strained. She had been crying for a while now. She walked past me, picking up a whining Isaiah as she did and walked inside of the house.

My brows furrowed. I looked over at mama as she got out of the car, wanting her to explain what was up. She sighed, closing her car door and walking toward me.

"Come Giselle, we need to talk." Middle name??? Oh nah. She either found out something she wasn't supposed to or something's happened. That immediately set my heart to overdrive.

I silently nodded and followed behind her. My mind was racing. Did she find me and Solange's weed stashes?! Fuckkkkk. I really hope not. I just got that shit imported from Jamaica. We didn't even get to try it yet man.

She first placed her purse and keys down on the counter before leading me downstairs. Downstairs is like a underground extended level of the house. Not exactly like a basement, but you get the idea. It has four rooms. My father's private office, the meeting room, the game room and a room that neither me nor Solange has been in. Papa always kept it locked and always told us to never go near it. It was the farthest door in the hallway and the farthest we were allowed to go to as kids was the game room which was the very first door to the left. As we got older, and we started to learn the truth, we were able to attend meetings with our father and his 'associates'.

She walked down to my father's office and knocked on the door before walking in. I walked in behind her, closing the door and taking a seat in front of my father's desk. He looked up from his laptop briefly, nodding at me in greeting, "Beyoncé."