Chapter 2

BGK

I made my way back to the front of the school to look for the front desk. Only reason I knew where the cafeteria was, was because I lowkey followed Nicki in there. Again, I ain't no damn creep but I wanted to surprise her. And I think I did a good job of doing it.

Upon finding the front desk thanks, to the help of passing students, I walked in and noticed a middle-aged woman sitting in reception. "Morning."

"Good-morning sweetheart, how can I help?" She asked joyfully. No body should be this damn peppy in the morning. It's only 8.

"Uh, I'm new here. My name is Beyoncé Knowles." I said, looking around the room.

She started typing into her computer, "ah yes. Transferring from France, yes?"

"Yeah."

"Well welcome dear. Let me print out your schedule and I'll ask one of our students to come in and show you around. You can take a seat if you'd like." She said, pointing to chairs lined up against the wall. I nodded, taking a seat.

I took out my phone, texting mama and letting her know I was here now. Solo was supposed to come with me but she had suspiciously caught a flu this morning. Bullshit. But of course mama was right at her aid. Had that been me now, she'd shove some medicine down my throat and tell me to go.

"Ah Onika, there you are." I looked up and instantly smiled. Well shit. My luck is phenomenal. She hadn't noticed me yet and had walked around the table to hug the woman.

"This is Beyoncé," Onika's head whipped toward me and her eyes widened a little. Yeah, you know you wanted to see me. "She's transferred from France. Do me a favor and show her around, make her feel welcome.

"France?" I heard her whisper to herself questioningly with a smile.

"Hi Onika. It's nice to meet you." I stood up, reaching my hand out to hers to shake. She looked down at my hand then at me with an unamused facial expression. "Girl get yo hand out my face. You just love to play."

I laughed, pulling my arm down. The reception lady's eyes shifted between us, "You two know each other?"

Onika turned around, facing the woman, "I wouldn't say I know her, but we aren't strangers." She said before grabbing a paper, which I'm assuming was my schedule, from the printer.

"Onika! Now what if that wasn't something your nosey behind was supposed to see?" The lady scolded.

She waved her off, her eyes gliding across the sheet until she handed it to me. "Looks like you have most classes with me. But you've got Creative Arts and History alone."

I pouted, "That's unfortunate.. I wanted to have all my classes with you."

"Crybaby. It depends on what classes you picked. Which ones did you choose?"

"Spanish, music and creative arts."

She scrunched her face up. "Who willingly does Spanish."

I mugged her, folding my schedule and putting into my pants pocket. "Ok don't Judge. What's so bad about being fluent in other languages?" I asked defensively. Knowing multiple languages puts you tiers ahead of many people. Growing up speaking two languages fluently is so rewarding. Why not learn more?