A Warm Christmas with Yuuta Okkotsu

"It's so hot." Yuuta cried, fanning himself with his hand and looking around as if everybody bustled around the kitchen area. Of course, it was going to be hot. He wasn't in the Southern Hemisphere on Christmas, for goodness sake, Sake, and people here weren't playing about the dishes. Bone brothers bolied over the stove, steam bread was being kneaded, spices were being matched and crushed, and aromatics flooded the air with a flavorful twain.

It's not that Yuuta hated it. He was just used to the cold Christmas; this was the first one ever in the Southern Hemisphere, much more in an African household, and what he saw made him both slightly uncomfortable, but more than that, he's very, very happy.

You walk in with your hair done up in a cloth and your body clad in a loose dress that would allow you to cook without overheating too much. "Hey, could you please try this for me? I've been trying to perfect it, but I don't know how to taste it because I'm tasting it." You said he laughed. You were always the perfectionist. He knew your cooking would always be good. You just didn't trust yourself. One day, though, he would make you know how to trust yourself. Make you feel confident, and do everything you did because you deserved it.

Taking the spoon out of your hands. He gently blows on the hot food and places it in his mouth. The flavors took a second, and then, just like that, they flattered his mouth. His taste buds were overwhelmed by their presence. Flooding swished around in his mouth before he chewed and swallowed. All you could hear from him was a sweet voice and his hands clasping together with a spoon between them. Your eyes widened. "You like it," you asked with wide eyes, hopeful at him.

Yuuta looked at you and said, "Why wouldn't it be amazing? You really should be more confidential in your cooking. I've never tasted anything like this." He said, and, oh, all you could do was blush and smile. "I'm glad you enjoyed it. I have to hurry back to the kitchen. I'll see you later." You run back, a little shy at his words. He wasn't one to say such things, especially around your family, but even if you loved it, And he knew you felt a little bit shy, so it made it all the more fun.

Now the heat was a little bit more bearable. Knowing that he'd be sitting with the person he loved the most.