HEART STAGGERING BEGINNINGS [3]

「 [Second Scenario – Escape]

     Category: Sub
     Difficulty: E
     Clear Conditions: Cross the broken bridge and enter Oksu Station.
     Time Limit: 20 minutes.
     Compensation: 200 coins.
     Failure: ???                                                                                                                」

.
.
.
.

"Who.. Are you?"

Yoo Joonghyuk felt his heart plummet into his stomach. The dull throb of hurt travelled from his chest up to his throat, beginning to interfere with his ability to breathe. She.. doesn't remember?

Something changed.

Why does she not remember anything..?

In the last round, she remembered everything.

What changed?

Was it.. This guy over here?

Numerous thoughts ran through the man's brain, but they were brought to an abrupt end. He heard her call his name in a worried manner, but it didn't register in his mind and his brain spiraled down the rabbithole that many would identify as overthinking.

"Yoo Joonghyuk! Hello?"

The man didn't respond to anything, and it was beginning to concern her. As much as [Y/N] disliked early stage Yoo Joonghyuk, she understood that the man, just like Kim Dokja, had become an irreplaceable part of herself.

Therefore, she did the only thing she believed was a plausible solution. She reeled her arm back as far as possible and turning her body to the side in order to make full use of the momentum, and delivered a harsh slap to Yoo Joonghyuk's head. It was dangerously hard, and would've been very painful had it been a normal person, but for the protagonist it served as a much needed wake-up call. Once he finally snapped back into his senses, Yoo Joonghyuk was greeted with Kim Dokja who held an unreadable expression, and [Y/N] who was clutching her hand with tears welling up in her eyes. She bit down on her bottom lip to refrain from crying out in agony, hand stinging as if she had just poured hand sanitizer into an open wound. It became increasingly obvious that [Y/N] was the one who had smacked him. Her eyes narrowed in an aggrieved manner, mentally placing the blame on the man.

"Dude, what the hell is your head made out of!? Stainless steel?" She cried, cradling her rapidly swelling hand. Her complaints fell on deaf ears. Yoo Joonghyuk's lips curved in such a miniscule manner, that you would need a magnifying glass to see his smile of relief.

"It feels like I broke my hand just now! Why did you have to zone out?"

Ah.. This was the [L/N] [Y/N] that he knew. Even if the circumstances were different, he would still be able to meet her again. Perhaps her lack of memory didn't matter. He would get her memories back at a later time. As long as she was safe, it would be fine. Right now though, he needed her out of the way.

The regressor moved quickly, quicker than [Y/N]'s eyes could comprehend. In an instant, the woman was thrown into a pile of demonic corpses. Blood soaked into her sweater once more, staining it a nasty shade of crimson. She coughed out her own plethora of blood from the impact, glowering at Yoo Joonghyuk from a distance. What is with this guy and constantly switching up?

She mentally reproached the man, the heat from her gaze piercing through the back of Yoo Joonghyuk's head. He ignored it, just as everyone else seemed to have developed a habit of doing, and turned back to the reader who [Y/N] would see mentally shaking in his boots. Even if his expression didn't give it away, the poor man's eyes became so bug-eyed she could've sworn they would pop out from his sockets.