HEART STAGGERING BEGINNINGS [4]

「 [Second Scenario – Escape]

     Category: Sub
     Difficulty: E
     Clear Conditions: Cross the broken bridge and enter Oksu Station.
     Time Limit: 20 minutes.
     Compensation: 200 coins.
     Failure: ???                                                                                                                」

.
.
.

As expected. . .

[Y/N] was in the midst of panicking. Now, she knew it was kind of dumb of her to worry about Dokja out of all characters in the novel, seeing as he put himself through way worse several times repeatedly.. And on top of that, he had a high chance to live.

But she just had to go and ruin it by being transported here.. Now, with the way Yoo Joonghyuk derailed the conversation earlier, there was no telling if the plot was still going to follow through.

No. That was dumb. It still would, it wouldn't kill off the main character so easily.

It wouldn't but.. It was so hard to consider them characters now. Maybe it was because [Y/N] wasn't under the influence of anything great like the Fourth Wall, but it was so difficult to ascertain wether or not these people were real, or if she had just gone into shock before she died.

Fake or not, the man had saved her life. Even if it was for his own selfish reasons such as not wanting a specific character in the novel to die, (if you could consider her one at this point..) she didn't care. That guy had been.. As much as she resented to admit it, he had been an important piece of her life for a long time.

She knew he would survive, but that was in the original timeline. What would happen now that she was here? As a matter of fact, forget Kim Dokja, it became increasingly clear that he'd live but.. What about her?

What about me? Will I die? I don't..

She wanted to cry. This situation was already so fucked, and they hadn't even made it to scenario two.. How is she supposed to survive this?

We're dead. She thought, ruefully. We are officially done for. Or, at least I am.

After Dokja gets thrown off the bridge he lives because of his scamming nature, but what about me? Even if he lives, there's still a high chance I'll end up dead anyways.

.
.

I don't want to die.

I want to live, I don't want to take the easy way out. I want to live with my hesitation, the uselessness that got that poor girl killed.

I want to live with my actions that killed over thirty people at once.

My presence in this timeline has already changed so many things. There's already mentions of new constellations, and I'm afraid that if I interfere with how things are supposed to go, it may cause the death of one of the characters... Besides Dokja. He dies like every other chapter.

Shut up, that wasn't funny. It was unhelpful too.

..?

W h. . ?

I'm afraid that if someone dies.. It'll be my fault.

I'm scared of.. Being here. I don't want to stay back and watch the characters I've come to know for goodness-knows-how-long die, but I don't want to die in such a manner either.

How do people in fanfictions get over their fears so quickly?

Are you dumb? They get over it quickly because it's fiction. This is reality. YOUR reality now.