HEART STAGGERING BEGINNINGS [1]

「 [Second Scenario – Escape]

     Category: Sub
     Difficulty: E
     Clear Conditions: Cross the broken bridge and enter Oksu Station.
     Time Limit: 20 minutes.
     Compensation: 200 coins.
     Failure: ???                                                                                                                」

.
.
.

After landing the short jump from the window, [Y/N]  felt a sharp pain travel down her leg. That was strange, the drop wasn't too far.. Oh. It was a shard of glass. Right as she went to pull it from her thigh, a loud crash along with conversation was heard, catching her attention.

She looked to her right. Once she did, the first thing she noticed was five people exiting the train car closest to the bridge with panicked looks on their faces, except for one. They began making their way to the bridge as fast as possible. She figured she should do the same, as staying there could force her to face the zombies that were soon to appear, or worse.. The protagonist, Yoo Joonghyuk.

As much as she didn't want to meet any of the main characters in ORV, [Y/N] had no choice, as this was the scenario given to them. Besides, what better way to get there than following the protagonist and his companion's group? It was decided. She best go now in order to save herself from the crowd of zombies that were soon to appear.

With that knowledge in mind, she harshly tugged the jagged piece of glass from her leg. She let out a quiet yelp of pain, and began sprinting towards the group of fellow incarnations, luckily not being too far behind. Jesus.. How long did I spend thinking about pointless things for them to get that far?

500.. 400.. 300 meters.. Not too bad. She thought, running full speed behind the group. Of course, her natural speed was fast enough to catch up without spending any coins.

I'm almost there.

"The bridge is breaking!"

"Run! If we run then we can cross it!" She heard them yell from afar.

She managed to run up to the person who seemed to be Lee Hyunsung with Lee Gilyoung on his back, from what she remembered. He looked at her with shock, and was most likely going to speak, but recalled Dokja's words from earlier. [Y/N] kept pace with him, ignoring the many looks of confusion from him and the rest of the group. She decided she would answer their questions at a later time.

[There is no fun if the game is too easy.]

Of course, this was a story where there was no time for such things during the scenario.

[ The scenario difficulty has been adjusted. ]

[ Scenario difficulty: E -> D ]

The sound of the dokkaebi's laughter was heard. Bihyung I fucking hate you.

[Y/N] grit her teeth, desperately refraining from cursing out loud, especially with a child in her proximity. She had to remain calm, or she wouldn't be able to get past the scenarios in the future. That thought had her freeze in her tracks.

Wait. Since when did she think of the future in this way?

Ever since the first scenario, wasn't it clear she wasn't going to survive..?

[ The evil thoughts of the dead have returned. ]

[ The surrounding earth is filled with black ether. ]

[ The demonic people have woken up! ]

"Z-zombies?" A feminine voice called out from behind her. When she turned, she saw a woman. That wasn't what she was looking at however. She saw everyone who died on that bridge.. especially.. Hanna.