TWENTY-FIVE

Ace

Ace

I hang up the phone and drop it next to me, sighing heavily as I drag my hands down my face.

Wren's body will continue to be engraved in my memory: her curves, her eyelids heavy with pleasure, and that devilish smirk as she followed every order I gave her. It's something I won't be able to shake off, something that drives me forward in this fucked up mess we have found ourselves in. I will go into Alek's with guns blazing if I have to. I will take a bullet and bleed out on the marble, forever staining his floors with my life force just to feel her lips on mine once more.

What a fucking succubus to be able to break her fist inside my chest and reach far beyond where anyone else has, making me feel the need to die just to grant her freedom.

I can still hear her arousal in my ears like a catchy melody I can't get rid of, the way she called my name as she came like she was finally allowing herself to succumb to the way she felt for me.

I knew she would be willing, even from the moment I saw her for the first time in her bar. We just had to get ourselves there. It took a lot of work, a lot of back and forth, but we have finally come to where we are meant to be. I remember her eyes that continued to catch mine as if she knew in her soul that I was already intertwined in her DNA—made for her. I just had to break her from her shell and get her to trust me—to get myself to trust her.

God, all that work was more than worth it—and then some.

The day I bury myself inside her and claim her as mine can't come soon enough.

I finally stand and head to the bathroom, turning on the shower for the second time tonight to wash the effects of Wren off. I brace myself against the tiled wall, my head sinking below my shoulders as I let the hot water beat against my back.

After a few minutes, when my skin's burning and raw, I finally wash myself clean and turn off the shower, grabbing a towel and wrapping it around my waist before heading back to the room. I dry myself off, pull on a clean pair of sweats, and collapse in bed, a particular amber-eyed goddess overtaking my thoughts.

♠️♠️♠️

I walk into my kitchen dressed in a nicer pair of pants and a navy blue button-up shirt the following day. I roll the sleeves up and fasten my gold watch—which Missy picked out for me for Father's Day one year—as I take in Slash who's scrambling eggs in a pan.

I took time to comb my hair back, applied some product to keep it in place, and spritzed some cologne on my neck. I slowly was beginning to feel like myself for the first time in months.

If only Wren were here to see the real me and not some animalistic masked psychopath. That wasn't me. That was what Alek expected of me. I was beginning to lose myself in Ace, but now I am beginning to feel like Jack.