74.

Scott and Neriah made it into the basement, carrying her useless father who was on the brink of collapsing when she slammed her hand on the back of the ambulance, making Stiles jump inside.

"Stiles, open the door!" she whisper shouted at him.

"Sorry," Stiles apologised, pushing the door open and obviously shaken up. He grabbed her father's shoulder, helping him get into the back where Cora was passed out on a bed. "Where's Derek and Jennifer?"

"We have to go back for them and my mom," Scott explained to him.

Stiles widened his eyes at them. "Okay, two problems. Kali's got the keys to this thing, and I just saw the twins, like, thirty seconds ago." Just as he finished, banging came from behind them.

"Just stay here," Neriah said sternly, closing the doors with Scott.

Neriah often glanced back behind them as they walked down the silent hallway, trying to find Derek and Melissa. Her body was exhausted, but Scott and her mutually agreed they weren't leaving without the people who needed them.

Suddenly Scott stopped ahead of her, and she slowed down, only to fully halt as the twins appeared out of nowhere, throwing a punch toward Scott's head. Thankfully he dodged it and then another one. Neriah struck, slashing her claws down their back, making them roar before turning around and throwing a punch that she managed to dodge.

But their luck ran short when Scott jumped over her, only to be caught and thrown into the wall where he was pinned.

"Where is she?" they growled. "We're trying not to hurt you."

"Try harder," Scott wheezed.

"Hey!" Melissa shouted and Neriah looked beside them to see her just when they dropped Scott and faced her. "I'd like to try something." Neriah quickly grabbed Scott, pulling him away when his mom electrocuted the twins, making them fall to the ground, back in their sperate forms.

"Holy shit," Neriah exclaimed with wide eyes.

Melissa took in a deep breath, looking at her kids. "Sweethearts, get up!" she yelled at them, and Neriah didn't waste a second pulling Scott up at that tone.

Momma bear was in full force.

Scott pushed through a door with his mom behind him and Neriah behind her. "He just let me go, said it was a gesture of goodwill," Melissa explained. "No other reason."

"He had to have a reason," Neriah pointed out, walking down another hallway.

Scott nodded his head. "I don't think he does anything without a reason."

"Well, if that means I should continue to be profoundly terrified, then don't worry about it. I got that covered," Melissa said, but Neriah grabbed her arm, stopping her just as Scott did due to the soft sound of a gun clicking.

"Stay here," Neriah whispered to them, letting go of her arm.

Neriah took slow, steady steps toward the corner, silencing her breathing as every nerve in her body went on alert. Just as she rounded the corner, she threw a hand up with wide eyes at the sight of Mr. Argent holding a gun up to her with Isaac and Allison behind him.

"Jesus fucking Christ!" Neriah quietly exclaimed, clutching her chest as he lowered the gun. "Give a hybrid a heart attack, why don't you? Also, just an FYI, maybe don't cock your gun so loud."

"You're lucky I didn't shoot you," Chris said with a disappointed look.

Neriah opened my mouth with a sarcastic remark ready, but Isaac pushed past Mr. Argent and grabbed her face gently, moving her head around with concern filling his eyes.