73.

"I don't know, something feels wrong about this," Stiles gravely said as he speeded the jeep down the road, following Derek's car where Blake was in his passenger. "You know, we proved it to Derek, but she still had this look like it didn't matter. You know, like it was all still going according to plan. You saw it, didn't you?"

Scott and Neriah shared a glance. Stiles was right, they did see it. The second she looked up from the floor with a wicked smile, it felt they had fallen right back into her hands.

A few minutes later, Stiles slammed on the brakes in the hospital parking lot where the storm still raged on around them with rain pelting down. Derek was flying out of the front seat of his car while Stiles jumped out of his jeep. Neriah struggled for a few seconds getting over the seats, but Scott ended up grabbing her shoulders and yanking her into the freezing rain.

"We get in and we get out!" Neriah shouted over the thunder, feeling the rain soaking her clothes within minutes.

Scott nodded, closing the door and they rushed to the front of the jeep as Stiles joined them with a wooden bat.

"What's that?" Scott asked him as Neriah furrowed her brows.

"Well, you got claws and Riah has fangs," Stiles stated. "I got a bat."

"That will break so easily. Remind me to buy you a metal one," Neriah said, walking toward the entrance of the hospital, the three of them following after Derek who had a strong grip on Blake's upper arm.

The hospital was a state of mayhem as nurse, doctors, and patients made their way out as they made their way in. No one even batted a lash at the bat in Stiles' hand.

"Scott! Scott!" Melissa called out behind them, and Scott stopped with Stiles and Neriah close behind him. "What are you doing here? The hospital's evacuating."

"We're here for Cora," Scott explained, pointing a thumb back to an impatient Derek behind his cousin.

Melissa furrowed her brows, taking them in. "What, all of you? Why does Stiles have my bat?"

"You stole her bat?" Neriah deadpanned, looking at him observing it.

"I borrowed it," Stiles corrected her as he glanced at her.

"Mom, just trust me on this," Scott said to his mother who was worriedly looking at them. "You need to get out of here. Right now."

Melissa nodded, turning back to Scott. "The building is supposed to be clear in thirty minutes. We've got two ambulances that are coming back. One's ten minutes out, the other's twenty." She then looked at Neriah. "Cora needs to be on one of those. They'll be picking up in the basement garage."

"Got it," Scott nodded, walking back over to them.

Neriah glanced at Melissa one last time before following after Derek toward the elevator. The five of them managed to squeeze in and Derek basically punched the level button, while keeping a grip on the bitch.

"You don't have to keep me on a leash, Derek," Blake scoffed with an annoyed look. "I'm going to help."

"Damn right you are," Neriah stated, letting her fangs slip out from her gums. "Or I'll happily dry you the fuck out."

Blake stared at the hybrids teeth for a long moment before looking beside her to where Scott stood in the corner with darken eyes set upon her. Then she looked to Derek's side where Stiles stood with the bat raised and a look that said, one wrong move and I'll beat the living shit out of you.

The elevator dinged and the doors opened with the five of them out of it within seconds. They walked down the hallway with the lights flickering and Neriah flexed out her claws, keeping on alert.