Smile

You wake up to a blood curdling scream. You jump up and run to the source: Val's room. You burst in to see a gruesome scene. Blood has been flung everywhere, while Maria's torso has been cut from her chest to her hips. The flesh is peeled back slightly, giving a view into her organs. Her kidneys sit on her chest, cut and pressed together to make the shape of a heart. Val clings to Maria's body as her body is wracked with sobs. Her pale hands are soaked in Maria's crimson blood, but she doesn't pay it no mind. She brushes Maria's hair out her face, sobbing as she tries to choke out apologies. 

     You cover your mouth in shock as you take a step back. Ace doesn't look in the room, unable to handle the mere thought of what they would see. He sits on the floor in the same spot where he stood with an expression of disbelief. Kye walks back to the couch to sit as he looks down with an unreadable expression.

     As your gaze follows Kye, it is only then you realize Jack isn't sitting in his chair anymore. The duct tape is ripped and sticking to the chair. The electrical cords lay on the floor around the chair.

     You and Kye fell asleep. This is your fault.

     Unable to handle this realization, you leave the apartment. You start walking, your mind swirling with thoughts, yet you can't focus on a single one. 

     "I can't believe my luck. My prey came right to me," a raspy voice calls out from the darkness of a nearby alley. 

     You look up, focusing for the first time. The sun is barely rising, most of the sky is dark, but the rest is dyed in oranges, purples, pinks and yellows. You glance at the alley and see that familiar grin. 

     "What do you want?" You ask as you slowly back up, subtly glancing around for an exit.

     "Don't run now doll. You'll miss out on all the fun," Jeff says with a small chuckle. His dark eyes are trained on you, watching your every move.

     You watch as Jeff's gaze slowly travels lower before making their way back up, all while holding that same creepy grin.

     "You still have that beautiful smile. Just like me," he says, his eyes trained on your face once again. Without thinking, your hand goes up to your face, your fingers tracing against the scars of the smile he cut into your face.

    You nearly get lost in the memory, that is until you hear the sound of rapid footsteps. You look up just in time you see Jeff lunging at you. You try to back away and run, but all you succeed at is tripping over your feet and falling. Jeff pins you to the floor, pressing his knife against the right side of your neck. He leans closer, his nose brushing against the other side of your neck. He whispers huskily.

     "I can't wait to kill you."

     You try to push him away as you mutter in response, "This feels kinda sexual and I don't like this energy."

     Jeff lets out a low chuckle and presses the knife against your skin hard enough to draw blood. He leans closer to your ear and whispers.

     "It's called bloodlust for a reason."

     Your breath speeds up, a shiver going down your spine. This is the moment you're going to die. There's no fighting back. There's no pushing him away. There's no escape. Not this time.

Do you fight? Or do you give in?