"Did I do something wrong?" Sam asked as Knox took her to a secluded corner of the room.

"What? No!" But Knox wasn't paying attention to her, he was watching the new agent on the scene. Someone he obviously doesn't like.

"Maybe I should just go home..." Sam offered, wondering if it's better for both of them to get out of the way given the new circumstances.

"Maybe..." Knox started to agree then realized what he was saying. "Wait, what? No! Just, give me a minute..." The poor man was so confused. "That woman, Veronica, she's not a nice person. I don't want you to talk to her, especially if I'm not around. Understand?"

Interesting...very interesting for him to be protective about her. Something she will have to think about another time. Right now she needs to get out of here so she can get back to the mainland and meet with Alex for the drop. Hopefully without Knox getting suspicious of her going missing from the island.

"Okay... but I can just go ahead and head home now obviously you're busy." As she tried to make her escape, Knox refused to let her go.

"No, just wait for me. I'll explain everything, Sam. I promise. Right now I have a job to do. Marcus, check the exits. Sam, please just give me time to secure the building." Knox took her hand and gave it a squeeze, before he walked away and went to work.

The first thing Knox did was check on the Graft, which of course was gone. He spoke to the curator and the security team. All said the same thing. The security on the case was intact, there was no way anyone could have gotten into the case without the alarm system going off. The security monitors were on the entire time. There was no way someone could have gotten out of the building without being seen.

But they did.

Sam did as he asked. She got herself a glass of champagne and watched him work. It was interesting to see this side of the man. She had seen him only briefly work and usually it was prior to the job being done. This side of the job was different. He was very detailed, talking to each guest, each employee, finding out who was invited to the event, who showed up, and how many people were actually attending.

He requested security videos of the event. Of course he wouldn't find what he was looking for on any of it. Alex would have made sure she stayed away from the cameras or at the very least her face wasn't visible. It's thief's 101, don't get caught on camera. Alex is a professional.

Sam's phone notified her of a text message ten minutes after Knox began his interviews. When she checked her messages it was a vague message no one but her would understand.

"Thanks for your help, I'll keep it in mind next time I'm in town."

The number was unknown and the message was so obscure that it could be about anything. But Sam knew exactly what it meant. Alex was off the island already and she would deliver the goods to her once she was back on the mainland.

Sam decided to text her aunts about the situation just in case she got questioned about having her phone out, and let them know about the incident. Of course they wanted all the details and Sam told them she would explain when she got home.

Marcus, not convinced that Sam was who Knox said, kept his eye on the woman in question. She just seemed a little too at ease during a robbery. Almost as if she has been in this situation before. Knowing he better have solid proof before going back to Knox, Marcus kept his distance but watched her every move.

Keeping notes on the way she relaxed and drank champagne and texted on her phone while she waited for Knox, Marcus called in a favor of his own. Calling a buddy at the bureau, he asked for help.