|SENSITIVE|

Violet doesn't really run much. However, she had to run today. Away from Lysistrata's house, away from the lies, away from the guilt, that threatens to crush her windpipe. Violet lived only four blocks away from Lyssie. However, Violet would tell you twelve. Violet eventually just walked, letting out uneven breaths from the physical exertion her body is not used to. She should really exercise more.

Violet made it home, using the key that was in her pocket. Volumnia could never hide a key anywhere, or around the house. It makes her very nervous, that someone would just break in. This insecurity, is something only Violet knows about of course. Violet walks into her house, and sees her mother seated at the dinner table, her gray head of hair in a bun and everything ranging from dinner rolls to chicken Parmesan at their disposal.

Volumnia decided to see what Violet is thinking of doing with her life, she would need someone who she can trust to take over as head game maker. The choice is between Violet and Coriolanus. Volumnia doesn't want to choose between her star pupil and her daughter, but if she must then so be it.

Violet walks further into the kitchen after locking the door, and lets out a frustrated breath. "Just to let you know, if this is another bribe or whatever to get me interested in becoming a game maker... Violet slightly raises her voice. "It Won't Work".

Volumnia sat unfazed by her daughter's words and simply told her to put her backpack down, and have dinner with her. Violet didn't realize it was getting late so quickly. Curious to find out what this is does as told and sits down in her usual chair, far from her mother.

Violet's eyes squint for a moment studying her mom's outfit. Volumnia wore her gray hair in a low bun, with pearls which decorated her neck and matched her dangling earrings. Her outfit the total opposite; a liquid gold two piece that shined light on her beautiful chocolate skin. "Your pretty overdressed to go to sleep". Volumnia takes a sip of Chardonnay out of her standard wine glass.

"There are urgent matters that need my presence", she clears her throat before continuing. "Listen Violet", said girl visibly gulps. Her mother rarely uses her name, why now?
"I meant what I said at the reaping ceremony, I won't be around forever. It usually takes years to understand the mechanics and what not in order to successfully create thrilling twists and turns with the mutant"-

Violet chuckles bitterly and frowns. "I knew it". The girl really didn't want to argue tonight but, coming home to just a dinner and a discussion like they were two colleagues catching up, is pissing her off. No "how do you feel about your tribute"? No "where were you"?, of course Volumnia most likely knew she was at Lysistrata's house considering she goes over there almost every other day, but still what the actual hell?

After a deep inhale to prepare herself for the argument for tonight, Violet quietly asks.."What the hell is wrong with you"? Volumnia tilts her head up with a bored expression meeting her daughter's intense stare. "Mommy is getting old, do speak up Violet".

Violet stands before suddenly slamming her palms on the table, rattling their plates leaving Volumnia once again unfazed. "You know, I couldn't figure out why after he died, there were no photos of him anywhere". Not in your purse, not in your room, no pictures of him anywhere in this house"... she stares down at the table as if she could make it move, speaking in a monotone voice. "Then when it clicked in my head that these games are bullshit"-
"watch your mouth"

Violet ignores her mother's tender warning, shouting now. "YOU KNOW HE WOULD BE ASHAMED AT YOUR DRIVE FOR REVENGE, DON'T YOU"? "Violet finally looks up at her mother with her pulse rising in anger. Volumnia quickly rises from her chair a look of disbelief on her face, as she rapidly talks. "How dare you? I love you little miracle but you are treading on thin ice. I won't let you think ridiculing me, will get you what you want".