|PRELIMINARY|

WAR. An odd concept to Violet Gaul. Even when she would get mad at her parents for not giving her more sweets, she didn't think about hurting them at all. Granted they were her parents and she loved them, but why couldn't individuals learn how to get along with others like they were their own family? They all live on the same planet. Violet just doesn't understand.

Rapid gunfire, fires, wails of grief and abhorrence immersed the outlying districts and The Capitol, in a state of mayhem. Otto (Violet's father and Volumnia's husband), would be caught in the middle of the scuffle. Otto, overheard a conversation about safe houses nearby. The Gaul family were running for safety. Little Violet would have been struggling to keep up, had her mom not been holding on to her hand like it was her lifeline.

Volumnia could see up ahead, the steel plated gates to shelter were closing. Meanwhile, she didn't notice that her other half, tripped over a charred branch. Otto made haste to clamber back up but, a rioter had pinned him to the ground. As burly as Otto was, the rioters rage was greater in strength.

"Hey guys, I got one!" The guy above Otto shouted with a chuckle. Other fiends swiftly arrived, with an array of weapons. Otto looked back just in time, to see his two favorite people, make it to the gates. The dialogue of a couple guys taunting him were drowned out, as Otto felt he could die happy knowing his family was safe.

Volumnia wasted no time pushing herself and her daughter through the almost closed gates. She finally took the time to assess that her husband wasn't with her. A couple seconds before the gates closed, a hand flew up to her mouth and her eyes watched in terror as the father of her little miracle, was taken away from her by one plunge to his gut with a sword.

Multiple conversations were going on at once, but it all seemed far away as Violet focused in on her weeping mother. "Mama! The child surveyed everyone inside the gates, and a gasp left her. "Where's Daddy?!" The now widow, wiped her tears and put on a gentle smile facing her daughter; as she had her back turned to her prior.

"Daddy is in a better place- "NO!
Violet cut her mother's sentence short attempting to pry open the gates. Violet understands what her mother's sentence means. It's the same thing she was told when grandpa died; she doesn't want to believe she will never see her father again, for the rest of her life.

Volumnia tried to veer Violet from the gates to give her some encouraging words, which led to Violet thrashing around in her mother's hold, and involuntary tears to run down her cheeks. "NO! DADDY! WHERE IS MY DADDY? I NEED HIM! Volumnia's vision blurred with tears at her daughters anguish. Eventually Violet grew tired, and collapsed in her mother's loving arms.

Violet was a sobbing mess, not understanding when, why, or how her caring father got taken away from her. The little girl simply just wanted her dad here; with them. As Volumnia rubbed her back and her curly head of hair, one thing was clear. The widow stared straight ahead with a desensitized expression, as if lost in thought. And in a way she was.

THE CITIZENS FROM THE DISTRICTS WOULD PAY. Who were they to take away her charming husband? How dare they make her baby girl, feel woe? Volumnia didn't know how or when she was going to get her revenge, but it didn't matter. According to Volumnia Gaul, revenge is a right. Even more so......
It's simply justice.