Dig Those Diglett!

Start from the beginning

"This place looks like a battle zone." said Jessie as she and James popped up behind a bush.

"Maybe we're being attacked by aliens from another planet." said James.

"What planet are you from?" Jessie asked sarcastically. Suddenly, a truck tips over, flipping to its side as the ground crumbled underneath its tires. As the ground crumbles, other trucks tipped over, causing a crash and a huge pile up on the road.

The quartet gasps as they watch the pile up get bigger. "What a wreck!" said Misty.

"This is terrible!" said Brock.

"Oh, the destruction." said Jessie.

"And we didn't cause it." said James.

"Diglett, dig, Diglett, dig, Diglett, dig...."

"Chu!" said Pikachu, as he stares at the ground causing Meeko to follow his gaze.

"Diglett, dig, Diglett, dig, Diglett, dig. Diglett." said a Pokémon, popping up from the ground.

"Pika." said Pikachu then runs over to Diglett. "Pikachu."

"Diglett!" said Diglett, smiling at Pikachu.

"Riolu." said Meeko, standing a ways behind Pikachu, unsure of Diglett.

"Pika, Pikachu." Pikachu tells her, gesturing that Diglett wasn't scary. Meeko walks up and Diglett gives her a wide smile before heading back underground. On higher ground and from a distance, Meowth sees Pikachu and Meeko.

"So that's it." said Meowth. A man steps out of his truck and starts punching the ground with his fist.

"I just can't take it anymore." he said, upset at what just happened.

"Are you all right?" Ash asked.

"You're not hurt, are you?" asked Hayley.

"It's the Diglett!" he shouted to the sky, ignoring their questions. "They're destroying everything."

"The Diglett?" asked Ash and Hayley.

"See, they're right over there." said the man, pointing in the direction of Diglett.

"Diglett, dig, Diglett, dig, Diglett, dig....." said several Diglett as they popped in and out of the ground. "Diglett, dig, Diglett, dig, Diglett, dig."

"Oh, look how cute." said Misty.

"Really cute." said Hayley.

"You think they're cute, do you?" the man asked both girls. "Thanks to them we can't finish building that dam. (Groaning) I hate Diglett! I hate them!"

"Hmm. Diglett." said Ash as he gets out Dexter.

"Diglett. The movement of these ground Pokémon can be easily detected by their tracks of upturned earth." said Dexter.

"Hmm. I don't see any unturned earth." said Ash as they looked at the paved road in front of them.

"Neither do I." said Hayley.

"That's because the ground here is covered by concrete," said the man as his face became red. "but if you look closely....." As they looked at the concrete road, shattered cracks appeared across the road.

"They're underneath." said Ash.

"It looks like a mini earthquake." said Misty.

"And it looks like we'll never be able to accomplish our dream of building the great Giva Dam here in the mountains." said the man.

"I wish I could capture a Diglett so it can help mom with planting her garden." said Hayley.

"Hey, how did you know that's what I was thinking?" asked Ash.