Electric Shock Showdown

Ash sighs as he, Hayley, Brock and Misty looked at the city in front of them.

Narrator: After two weeks of being lost, our heroes reach Vermillion City. Congratulations! You've finally made it.

"Hip, hip, hooray! Hip, hip, hooray! Hip, hip, hooray!" they cheered.

"I can't wait to take a bubble bath." said Misty.

"Me too." said Hayley.

"Riolu." said Meeko.

"I have to hit the laundromat." said Brock.

"I'm going to find the Vermillion city gym right now." said Ash.

"Hold it." said Brock, grabbing Ash by his backpack.

"Huh?" said Ash, causing Brock to point down to Pikachu. "What's the matter?"

Pikachu's stomach starts growling as well as Meeko's. "Pikachu." said Ash as he picks up the yellow mouse.

"It must be hungry." said Misty.

"How about you, Meeko?" asked Hayley, picking her up. "Ya hungry?"

"Ri....olu." said Meeko, nodding and grabs her stomach.

"We haven't eaten anything decent for three days now." said Brock.

"Hey Pikachu, you feeling hungry, little buddy?" Ash asked and suddenly, his stomach starts growling too. "I guess we're all a little hungry, right, Pikachu?"

"Pika." replied Pikachu, nodding his head.

"I think it's hungry." said Ash as they got to the Pokémon center.

"We'll fix Pikachu and Meeko up." said Nurse Joy as she takes both Pokémon.

"Huh?"

"I know why you're surprised." said Nurse Joy. "I look like all the other nurses, don't I? My first cousin works in Pewter City, and my second cousin works in Viridian City. I think I'm the prettiest one, don't you?"

"Yeah..." said Brock when a trainer rushes into the center.

"Hurry!" he shouted.

"Huh?"

"You'll be okay, Rattata." The boy said to his Pokémon. "Hurry!"

"That Rattata's in rough shape. I wonder what happened." said Brock.

"Oh, it's the 15th one brought in this month." said Nurse Joy.

"What?" asked a shocked Ash.

"The 15th one?" asked Hayley.

"This is terrible." said Brock as Nurse Joy showed them the injured Pokémon that were brought in.

"They all lost to Lieutenant Surge, the Vermillion Gym Leader." said Nurse Joy.

"Whoa, he must be a great trainer." said Ash.

"So, Ash, you scared already?" asked Misty.

"No way." he tells her.

"Well, you talk big." said Misty. "But when you see how tough it is to get badges, you turn chicken. Maybe you should quit now. Besides, the only badges you do have you got out of pity."

"A badge is a badge!" shouted Ash, only to get flicked on the nose by Misty.

"Why don't you try how tough you are at the Vermillion Gym?" asked Misty.

"From the looks of things here, you'll have to be tough to battle this Lieutenant Surge." said Brock.

"And get lucky." said Hayley.