The dress was a soft velvet fabric, with a corseted sweetheart neckline, hugging my body well.. and the fox fur was the most expensive looking kind I'd ever touched.

Honestly, this dress alone was more expensive than a good car, and the shawl

Honestly, this dress alone was more expensive than a good car, and the shawl... I'd have to sell my house to afford it. Paired with the diamonds dangling from my ears? That would be a kidney.

It was absolutely surreal to casually wear this to an event. This wasn't my life.. at least not my old one.

I was never doing too bad for myself. I always had my paycheck.. or paychecks as I was working not one but two jobs. I'd have to work 10 at once to have enough money to buy the dress alone like that... and yet, when they questioned Ross on the phone if he wanted to pay in installments, he simply said to place it on his credit.

Bought, just like that. It was insane.

And yes, they had to call him because I never even wanted to get the dress.. actually, trying it on alone was a mistake as it was so stunning I was about to cry.

When Stormie said I could get it, I absolutely refused to, seeing how just a few months ago it would've caused me debt I'd work to pay off til the day I died.

She ended up calling Ross, and he made the purchase for me over the phone.

Anyway, all of that being said, I'd never felt more grateful in my life.. not only for the wonderful dress but the new people surrounding him, and most importantly the love of my life and my baby.

I hadn't realized I was staring off into space, thinking about everything, until Mer walked in the room.

I stared up at her, as I was sitting on the bed.

We both smiled at each other before speaking up in union "You look gorgeous!"

She giggled, and I smiled at her. She was wearing a pale pink dress, that hugged her waist and flowed down almost like liquid. It was expensive, modern, gorgeous.

I almost couldn't believe Ross' family were such simple humble people at first sight, yet with unimaginable wealth.

We hugged each other, as she smiled "You're reminding me of old hollywood with this look. It really all came together perfectly."

"I was just thinking yours was more editorial." I raised an eyebrow at her.

She laughed "That's what I was going for! Anyway we better get down before my brother gets grumpy."

"Something tells me he won't be." I followed behind her.

"Maybe not at you" she laughed.

Once we got downstairs, I realized Harry had showed up too, and Ross was yelling at him by the door "For fuck's sake I said cocktail attire."

"This is my cock attire." he winked, giving his brother a spin for the full view of his half buttoned vacation shirt topped off with three necklaces and a ring on basically each of his fingers. At least his lower half looked more normal, with his basic black pants.