14 | Cut The Tension

Camille's Pov

"He what?" I questioned, confused as fuck.

She was being unclear- so instead of relying on her words, I followed her stare instead.

It was on Ross.

He was smoking.

I narrowed my eyebrows, then turned to her to see the cigarette in her bra was missing.

Oh..

She meant it literally.

"What the hell is going on here?" I shook her shoulders, and her eyes widened a little as she started at me "Are you sleeping with him?"

"What?" she pulled away from me "No"

"Then what is it? I thought you didn't like him? Said he was dangerous? How about the work policy on dating co-workers?" then my eyes widened even more when I remembered "Gema!"

This could be trouble.

"We're not dating or sleeping together- gosh he doesn't even date" she shook her head, weaving a hand at me.

"Well do you want it to seem like you are?" I raised an eyebrow.

"No" her eyes narrowed.

"Then stay away from him! Get it together" I scolded.

I already felt like a mother of a teenager.

"I am" she hissed "It's him that doesn't seem to want to do the same"

Surprised, my eyebrows raised.

She didn't look at me- passing by to probably go get a drink.

Which in that state of frustration, knowing Laura, I already knew wasn't a great idea.

I stood there, unsure of what to do.

Whatever this was between them- there was way too many stop signs.

She couldn't possibly ignore all of them?

Well .. that man is godly looking. I'd be surprised that it took her long to go for it, with all th attention he payed to her.

Anyway, my duty of the night was to stop Laura from turning glass after glass, and I think, I failed.

She hadn't been drunk in a while- but tonight, she had no sense of direction or balance in her body. She kept saying how she was doing it for fun, but honestly, I was sceptical about it.

I thanked the lord that for one, she was petite, and two, they carried out their speeches on thanking the employees before she got absolutely wasted.

I had to call my husband to come and get us, and thankfully he did- even though he was at another halloween party tonight, one with the rest of the squad.

Ross must've noticed her letting loose, and he tried to intervene saying he could take us home.

Having called Bash prior, I refused. That, and not having a fucking clue on what was going on between them.

Whatever it was, she was safer with us tonight.

By the time we arrived home, so had everyone else. Halloween costumes being taken off, and make up washed.

Laura walked past me- still in her little dizzy state. Her make up was definitely smeared, and somehow, she still looked hot.

But that walk alone told me she'd wake up with a killer headache tomorrow.

She weaved a hand at me tiredly, instead of saying good night.

"She looks like she had fun" Gema commented, watching her leave for her room.