38 | Hawk

Nadia's Pov

"I'll take the day off next friday and we can go on a little date, how about that?" I spoke on the phone.

"All yours" he replied, chuckling.

"Good" I smiled "Now I'm sort of making lunch over here- but I'll call you later again okay?"

"Yep. Bye babe. Love you"

"Love you too" I grinned, before closing the call.

Out of nowhere, i feel someone bump my hip, and stumbled to the side a bit.

It was Gema, staring at me with a smug little face.

"Oh brother" I rolled my eyes.

"You seem happy" she wiggled her eyebrows "Things with office guy going well?"

"More than well" I admitted.

"Why does everyone keep finding the love of their life at their jobs?" she questions, raising an eyebrow "Everyone at my job is so annoying. Can't take a joke."

"To be perfectly honest your jokes are usually really not PG-13 most of the time" I rolled my eyes "And if you were talking about Laura a bit ago, that is not assured"

"Oh please" she sighted, stealing one of the fries in my burger. I glared "He better be or I would have to have backed off for nothing"

"Gema he never liked you!" I groaned.

"Shhhh, I have my ways." she placed her pointer finger in front of my mouth, and I slapped her hand off.

"Cami, Nadia is being mean to me again!!" she yells.

"Pour l'amour de la merde" she gets up, walking in the kitchen with Daisy in her arms "Isn't being the group's mommy Laura's thing?"

"Yeah but she's not here and you guys are the same person is different fonts" Gema shrugged.

I chuckled a little.

Right after that, the door to our apartment opened and slammed shut, and speak of the devil- it was Laura.

"What's up?" Gema called out to her.

She turned to us, and weirdly enough- she didn't do her usual routine. Hanging her coat, or taking off her shoes, and laying her bag and work folder down.

She looked pale, like she'd seen a freaking ghost.

"Are you-" before Camille could speak, she fell to the floor.

My eyes widen, and alarm bells practically went off in my brain, as I yelled "Laura?"

We immediately went to her rescue-
kneeling on the ground to see if she was okay.

"Nick!" Camille yelled as he showed up "Do we have alcohol? Laura passed out. Bring cotton too"

"What?!" he questioned, but ran to the kitchen anyway.

Of course he found alcohol, and I drenched the cotton before placing it under her nose, as Gema held her head on her lap.

"How the hell did this happen?" Nick spoke up "She okay?"

"She just walked in and fell" Gema looked up at him "I don't know"

Finally, her eyes fluttered open, and I sighted in relief "You okay?"

She stared around a bit at the different faces surrounding her, looking very confused, before scrunching her nose "My head hurts"

"Well you did hurt it" Gema shrugged.