18 | Flirt

Laura's Pov

"Ma'am? Ma'am"

My eyebrows narrowed in discomfort as I felt someone shake my shoulder.

My eyes snapped open, and I lifted my head.

"Can you back up? We need to change his bandages" the nurse that first welcomed me in, stood in front of me.

"Oh sorry" I sat up from the chair- still disoriented as my hand slipped away from Ross', feeling the cold immediately.

I couldn't believe I fell asleep on that chair, and our hands never moved.

He must've felt the commotion, as he opened his eyes- once I removed my hand.

"What's going on?" he murmured sleepily.

His voice even lower and huskier than usual, making me feel some sort of way.

"Changing your bandages. We're going to have to move you slightly Mr. Lynch" the nurse explained, preparing some sort of medication.

He sighed, groaning as she helped him sit up. The blanket that once covered him, fell, giving me a nice view of those flexed muscles.

As his eyes searched around the room, they caught mine.

My eyes softened.

"Hey- miss, can you help hold him?" the nurse spoke to me, and I nodded quickly, stepping in to help her.

"Sit up" she spoke.

He did so, and she looked at me "Hold his back"

I assumed he didn't have the strength to stay sat up by himself, which is why I sat behind him- one hand on his shoulder, and the other on his naked back.

This was the first time I'd ever seen him shirtless.

His back muscles were toned- stone to the hands, yet his skin felt warm. His biceps flexed with every move of his arms, and I couldn't help taking him in.

I noticed a couple of tiny moles here and there, and once she finished in the front, she asked me to hold him from the opposite way.

As she fixed the bandage around his waist, I held onto both of his shoulders from the front.

Slowly, I sat down on the bed, right next to his legs, and my eyes couldn't help but slip down.

I'd wanted to know what was underneath all that clothing for so long, and lord... did it not disappoint.

He was ripped.

He was fucking ripped.

I expected him to be in good shape, but damn, every single part of him looked sculpted. Those abs..

He had the body of an athlete.

My fingers curled on top of his shoulder.

When I looked back up at his eyes, I noticed he'd been staring at me the whole time.

And for some reason, I didn't feel embarrassed to have been caught.

I looked back at him, and we held eye contact.. too close.

"Okay, you can rest back" she spoke up, and I sat up from the bed, letting him go so he could lay down.

Once he did so, the nurse looked at me "Has he eaten?"

"No" my voice was soft.

We'd been asleep this entire time.

"Then we can provide a meal for him" she nodded "Or you can get food sent in"