The Ghost of Maiden's Peak

Start from the beginning

"Meowth want a cotton candy." said Meowth.

"Money is sweeter." said James, before looking in the same direction as Brock had done earlier. "Ooh! Sweet!"

"Snap out of it!" said Jessie, hitting him on the head, causing him to groan. "Stop daydreaming! That festival is waiting, and I can smell money."

"I can smell corn dogs." said Meowth as the two of them take off.

"Ooh." said James, looking back to see that she had disappeared. At the festival, people were cheering.

"Let's go on the Ferris wheel."

"Yeah! Woo!"

"Let's go on the Ferris wheel." said Misty as she, Ash and Hayley chuckled.

"She was the most beautiful girl I ever seen." said Brock.

"Huh?" the others gasped.

"Hey, you, there." said an old woman, catching their attention.

"Are you the...?" asked Brock, turning around and screamed. "Ah, you're not that beautiful."

"Who's not beautiful?" the old woman asked, then gets closer to Brock. "Beware. Not of old beauty like me but of a beautiful young woman or you'll meet a cruel fate."

"Ah! That girl on the rock. I have to meet her." said Brock.

"Ah, I must be the beautiful girl she's talking about, but I'd never hurt Brock." said Misty.

"I don't think you would ever hurt him in a million years." said Hayley.

"I was talking about an elegant young woman, not some scrawny little blabbermouth like you." said the old woman.

"Scrawny?" asked Misty.

"Real scrawny. Ow!" said Ash as both girls hit him.

"You're not that scrawny, Misty." said Hayley.

"Thanks, Hayley." said Misty. "That's it. I don't have to stand around here and be insulted. Let's get out of here."

"You, my dear brother, have to learn...like when to keep your mouth shut." said Hayley, as she grabs her brother and Misty grabs Brock.

"The beautiful woman. A cruel fate." said Brock. "The cruelest fate would be never to see her again."

"Hm. Huh." said Team Rocket as they looked for money on the ground.

"Nothing! There's no money anywhere at this festival!" complained Jessie.

"Not a quarter, nickel or dime. Not even a penny." said James.

"What kind of cheap festival is this?" asked Meowth. "We got to keep looking till we find something." Suddenly a penny shined in the light. "Ah! A penny!" James exclaimed.

"Hold it right there." said a woman and behind him was the old woman.

"Hmm? I dropped this." he tells the woman.

"I've been watching you. You're up to no good." said the old woman, then held a magnifying glass so she could get a closer look at James. "And there's no good in your future."

"Who? The police? The sheriff, the FBI?" James asked.

"I see a young and beautiful woman who would lead you to a cruel fate." the woman said, repeating her warning from earlier.

"I don't need a fortunate teller to know that." said James. "Some woman is always causing me trouble. It's a curse. Ah."

"Who do you mean?" asked Jessie.