Electric Shock Showdown

Start from the beginning

"Who's side are you on away?" Ash asked Hayley.

"Yours of course." Hayley replied and Ash turns to Brock.

"You think he's that tough?" he asked.

"We gave you badges; you know." said Misty. "How do you think we'll look if you get crushed by Surge?"

"You have nothing to worry about, except maybe seeing my own incredible strength." said Ash.

"All right, that's enough." said Nurse Joy, stopping the argument.

"She started it." said Ash.

"Remember, this is a hospital." Nurse Joy reminds them, causing both Ash and Misty to look at the other trainers. "They say if two people fight, they really care about each other."

"Me care about her?"

"Me care about him?"

"You know, maybe one day you two would be...." Hayley was about to say when both of them glared at her. "Ok, nevermind. Forget that I was going to say anything."

Nurse Joy giggles at them when suddenly, a musical sound was heard. "That signal means your Pokémon has recovered." said Nurse Joy.

"Awesome!" said Hayley, running out of the room. Next to a couple of trays, Pikachu and Meeko were munching on some apples. "Mm! Yum!" both Pokémon said.

"Pikachu!" shouted Ash.

"Pik." said Pikachu.

"Meeko!" squealed Hayley, picking her up.

"Riolu." squealed Meeko.

"I hope you're full because we got to win big at that Gym today." said Ash.

"Pi!" said Pikachu.

"Come on, let's go win a badge." said Ash.

"Please hurry!" said a boy, running next to his Pidgey. "Just hold on, Pidgey."

"I guess they must've come from that Gym." said Misty.

"Beware Meeko...Ash might use you today if Pikachu's not going to battle." Hayley warned her Pokémon.

"Riolu." replied Meeko, nodding.

"Pi!" said Pikachu, scared at what happened to Pidgey.

"Huh?" said Ash.

"Pikachu! Pikachu!" said Pikachu, shaking its head at Ash.

"What?" Ash said angrily. "Don't be a coward."

"Pika. Pikachu." Pikachu tells him.

"Huh?" Ash then looks over his shoulder at the injured Pidgey that came in. "Don't I care if you end up like that Pidgey in there? Is that it?" he asked.

"Pika, Pika!" answered Pikachu.

"I don't blame you, Pikachu." said Hayley. "I wouldn't either if I was in your place."

"Yeah. I guess you're right." said Ash and Pikachu sighs. "No problem. You won't end up that way because you'll win." Ash grabs a hold of Pikachu's arm and pulls while Pikachu tries to hold on to the seat.

"Don't be a scaredy cat, Pikachu." said Ash.

"Don't break his arm, Ash." said Hayley.

"Pika. Pikachu!" shouted Pikachu as sparks came out of his cheeks and used his electric attack on Ash.

"The way they fight, must mean they care a lot." said Misty.

"Yeah, and as much as I want Ash to win his next badge, I'm going to side with Pikachu this round." said Hayley.